Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen Youth

SFA Youth Cup 3rd Round Result

Aberdeen 1

Megginson pen 87

Rangers 2

Hutton 9, Wiktorski 18

Aberdeen has produced some great comebacks in the Scottish Youth Cup in the past at Pittodrie but sadly today the Dons fell just a little short despite a grandstand finish.

The Dons fell behind after nine minutes when Hutton lost his marker and bulleted a header home from a Rangers corner. Worse was to follow as Wiktorski with a good finish made it 2-0 nine minutes later. It was the worst possible start for the young Dons who looked shell shocked at this stage.

The Dons, who had Pawlett, Fyvie and Clark missing were limited in their chances during the first period Low has had a couple of decent shots, albeit from distance.

Aberdeen improved dramatically after the break and started to dominate the proceedings. Despite creating several good chances, they couldn't make the breakthrough. Then four minutes from the end substitute Grimmer was taken down inside the area by Adam after he had failed to deal with a Low drive. Megginson converted the spot kick despite Adam getting a touch on it. This set up a grandstand finish and Aberdeen threw everything at Rangers, but couldn't find that second goal. The ball would just not break for them in the box.

The U19s gave Hibs a right doing this afternoon, finished up 5-3 us.  A Hibs supporting mate of mine was there, said it was a cracking game but Aberdeen could easily have scored another 3 or 4.

Happy Days

The U19s gave Hibs a right doing this afternoon, finished up 5-3 us.  A Hibs supporting mate of mine was there, said it was a cracking game but Aberdeen could easily have scored another 3 or 4.

Happy Days

Surely some mistake. Has the gear box on the Hibs conveyor built packed up ?

Ajja - Any idea how many McRobbie scored today?

Ya big lanky prick Ya ;)

Get yer arse to motherwell tomorrow and witness the greatest tash known to man, MINE!!!!!!!!!

Its been painful enough watching 10 minutes of the bleeding hearts on Children in Need tonight without subjecting myself to your repeated attempts at bleeding yet more cash out of my wallet with your charity cock-duster. Plus my 3 week old daughter is cutting the throat of football pleasure for the time being  :(

• 1 month later...

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/aberdeen-u19s-0-1-seville-20100107_2212158_1925895

ABERDEEN UNDER 19's 0-1 Seville

Leonardo Da Vinci training camp, Spain

Dons starting XI: Bain, Jarvis, S.Smith, Robertson, Shaughnessy, Ross, Sorensen, Hansson, Gibson, McRobbie, Low. Subs: Bolger, Brown, Davidson, Grimmer, Devaney, Przemyslaw Lukasik.

ABERDEEN UNDER 19's kicked off their Leonardo Da Vinci funded training camp in Spain this afternoon with a 1-0 defeat to Seville.

Neil Cooper's side were unlucky to lose against the La Liga outfit in a tightly contested match. Aberdeen started well and should have taken the lead on the half hour mark. Stirling Smith's pin point cross from the left wing was headed agonizingly wide of the post by Gilli Sorensen.

The Dons were enjoying the majority of possession against well organized and technically competent opponents. However, their dominance failed to materialize into goals and they paid the price as the Spanish giants hit on the counter attack.

Striker Aluano's deflected shot deceived Scott Bain in the Aberdeen goal on 35 minutes and gave the home side the advantage at the break.

The second half was played at a lesser tempo with fewer chances, due in part to the waft of changes at the interval. The Dons switched things with all six substitutes getting a run out whilst the Spanish team changed around their entire starting eleven.

Despite losing the match boss Neil Cooper was happy with the attitude of his players. He said: " The boys were excellent. They were up against a top side in Seville who had a number of older players playing for them.

"The heavy rain prior to kick off meant the game took place on third generation Astroturf and that suited them more than us, but we coped well.

"This was our first match since having a short break over the festive period, and it will be arguably the toughest test we will face out here in Spain.

"On the balance of play I thought a draw would have been a fairer result but overall it's the performance which counts.

"We have a tour of the Seville stadium later and all the players are really looking forward to it."

The Dons face Malaga in their next game on January 13th.