Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Mulgrew

Apparently there is an audio snippet on Northsound that he is expected to sign the contract extension. Good news if true :thumbsup:

His agent (Kevin "Hun Cunt" Drinkell) is in Evening today saying club have to make offer that matches his status as a rising star in Scottish football or he is off.

His agent (Kevin "Hun Cunt" Drinkell) is in Evening today saying club have to make offer that matches his status as a rising star in Scottish football or he is off.

I'm willing to make a bet that our offer matches his status as someone who's already tried and failed in England :-\

???

Toe to toe? Really? Or was I just pointing out that it doesn't fucking matter what you'd prefer to be reading? If Fraser gets signed up then smashing but I just thought it was very much out of place here. If there's one instance of nonsensical posting in this thread it's your statement of what you'd prefer then denying stating that you'd prefer anything. Anyway.. if you want to claim the victory in this "toe to toe" thing that you've dreamt up here be my guest. If it makes you feel a bit better then knock yourself out.

Prefer to hear (ie news from the club) is not the same as prefer to change the subject of a thread and well you know it. You are clutching to find the rational for your ridiculous attack on a thread that moved ever so slightly off topic. Just let the thread be a thread that takes its course. Its not like I started talking about what I had for lunch on a football thread ffs.

Aberdeen are anxious to gain a definitive answer after offering Charlie Mulgrew a new contract at Pittodrie but the defender is prepared to make the Dons wait as he assesses his options.

The former Scotland under-21 international met Willie Miller on Wednesday when the Dons director of football made an improved offer after an initial deal received a lukewarm response.

Mulgrew was given yesterday to consider the latest deal on the table and the Dons are keen to receive a response today.

Aberdeen are determined to avoid another painful scenario such as the one faced last season when captain Scott Severin stalled on a contract offer for most of the season before finally opting to leave in favour of Watford.

The Dons’ wishes are unlikely to be granted, however, as the 23-year-old is prepared to take his time before making up his mind.

Mulgrew is in the rare position of having options for once in his career.

The former Celtic full back was not forced to leave Parkhead to sign for Wolves but he was strongly encouraged as part of the deal which saw Lee Naylor move in the opposite direction.

His subsequent successful loan move to Southend, where he helped the Shrimpers earn promotion from League 1, was not of his instigating either, neither was his eventual departure from Molineux.

Mulgrew then resisted attempts to offload him to Swindon before he eventually brokered a deal to resurrect his career at Pittodrie.

The switch to the north-east has paid off for the player and the club and he has made no secret of the fact he relishes playing for the Dons.

His impressive form has attracted several suitors, however, and clubs on both sides of the border are monitoring his progress.

Clubs cannot approach Mulgrew until January, when he enters the final six months of his contract at Pittodrie, and he faces a dilemma whether to extend now at the Dons or wait and see who steps forward in the new year.

The player’s agent, Kevin Drinkell, said: “This is the first time Charlie’s future has been in his own hands, so it is understandable he wants to make sure he makes the right decision for him and his family.

“He enjoys playing for Aberdeen but there are other options. Hopefully, we will have something to say to Aberdeen on Friday or Saturday, but it is not something I can guarantee.â€

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1460916?UserKey=#ixzz0VPZBj2Sl

You'd think being that virtually every other move of his, has not worked out he'd stick with the one that has at least for a bit longer. It's not as if he's nearing the end of his career. What is he 23/24? Another year or two of continuing improvement could see him earn a proper wedge for a move as he's reaching his peak. Wrong move now and he may earn a bit more than we're offering for a year or two, then be picking up whatever Raith Rovers are willing to pay him for the rest of his career.

Still, as long as his agent gets that new Range Rover next summer...