Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mulgrew

Offered new contract.

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today revealed Charlie Mulgrew has been offered a new long-term deal.

Mulgrew is out of contract at the end of the season.

And McGhee has moved quickly to ensure the full-back remains at Aberdeen FC.

McGhee said: “We have made a formal contract offer to Charlie Mulgrew and hopefully he will accept it.â€

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

An intelligent analysis might conclude this topic has two layers to it. Mulgrew and contract extensions. Smashing one dimensional analysis will do for some though.

I do apologise. I've been working on getting my posts less one dimensional.  ::)

I'd prefer this thread was about getting an injury free Russell Anderson back on a long term deal or Fernando Torres coming up the road on loan because he's always been a big big Dons fan but it's nae. It's about Mulgrew signing a new deal so nevermind what you'd prefer it to be about.

I do apologise. I've been working on getting my posts less one dimensional.  ::)

I'd prefer this thread was about getting an injury free Russell Anderson back on a long term deal or Fernando Torres coming up the road on loan because he's always been a big big Dons fan but it's nae. It's about Mulgrew signing a new deal so nevermind what you'd prefer it to be about.

Yea, no thread on here EVER goes off topic...

|_ <> |_

I see in today's P&J they say contract talks with Kerr and Mcdonald are in the offing. No mention of Fyvie :-\ but hopefully the club will be doing something about that behind the scenes! One worrying thing in the interview was though, he mentioned Sone isn't fit enough yet (true enough) but he needs to get fitter to force his way past Paton? Now, surely Paton should NOT be playing out on the wing?

I don't remember saying what I prefer it being about, I just remember posting my thoughts about a topic and then having it jumped on by someone who had decided what they wanted it to be about. For some reason you have decided to go toe-to-toe with me on this one so I'm happy to engage. If your ability to debate extends beyond utterly nonsensical comparitive analysis then lets hear it. If, as I suspect, it doesn't get past teenage angst (or whatever has made you feel the need to go on the attack), then lets not bother.

I'd prefer this thread was about Fernando Torres coming up the road on loan because he's always been a big big Dons

He is! He just realises that he'd be behind Mackie and Maguire in the striker pecking order, so has said "sorry Dons. I'm just never gonna get ahead of those superstars!"

I don't remember saying what I prefer it being about

I'd prefer to hear we have signed Fyvie on a new contract for 4 or 5 years  :-\

???

Toe to toe? Really? Or was I just pointing out that it doesn't fucking matter what you'd prefer to be reading? If Fraser gets signed up then smashing but I just thought it was very much out of place here. If there's one instance of nonsensical posting in this thread it's your statement of what you'd prefer then denying stating that you'd prefer anything. Anyway.. if you want to claim the victory in this "toe to toe" thing that you've dreamt up here be my guest. If it makes you feel a bit better then knock yourself out.