Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

P&J: McGhee praise for versatile Foster

Anyone else getting terminally fed up with so many threads descending into these mind-numbing arguments?

On one side, Jimmy's gone, get over it. On the other, McGhee isn't the saviour (or a naughty boy), so deal with it.

What we have is pretty much a similar standard to last season, which is what I'd have expected given we were swapping one SPL manager for another. It would be much the same if we swapped about half of the players around between us, Hibs, Utd and Motherwell so why should the management be any different?

I agree, I'm guilty of it.

But bear in mind, under JC's reign, we got the "glory days" of Ebbe rammed down our throats often enough.

That's irrelevant though and those who chose to go down that route made themselves look stupid so why choose a similar route now?

Rise above it, you're better than that, surely?

It is a bit of stick a to poke (really only) minjc with, on here. And at the moment theres not a lot else to talk about is there? There were always going to be comparisons and when you consider the nonsense that was written about Claderwood and McGhee's prehumous elevation to Mount Olympus before signing on, it is only fair that a little bit of humiliation should befall the most vociferous of the JMG campaign.

Certainly I couldn't give two fucks what Calderwood could or would have done this season, he is no longer part of Aberdeens future. Certainly over on the HAT it's usually part of the collective who brings Calderwood up then within two or three posts is moaning about comparisons. Whereas over here it is usually "us" that bring him up. While it is childish it is amusing and does releive a bit of the tediom of the working day.