Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Mark Kerr = New Captain

I agree. Maybe this decision has more to do with the positives McGhee sees in having Kerr as captain, rather than the negatives he sees in having Diamond as captain.

We know what we get from Diamond, and don't get me wrong here because I think he's a star, but maybe a player needs more than just enthusiasm to be a good captain. Diamond will still be very influential on the park, especially to the defenders around him.

McGhee must think the armband will help Kerr, maybe by focusing his mind on the job rather than any nonsense. I have to say I agree, and I trust his decision]

Mark Kerr could be a huge player for us this season.

Perhaps this is the main reason.  MM maybe sees proper potential in Kerr and want him to focus his mind on the game and the club. In other words to get the best out of the player.

Anyway, who's to say Diamond didnt say "no gaffer, Im happy with the way things are.  I can do without it?"

Whats goals gotta do with it?

As long as he is commited to the shirt-thats all that matters

Exactly. Despite playing over 550 games, Willie Miller only managed 20 goals in a red shirt. Nobody doubts his captaincy.

I'm willing to give Kerr the benefit of the doubt. There were only two or three players worthy of the Aberdeen jersey today, but I'd like to reserve my better judgment for the team once they've played everyone else.

Oh dear, he had a very poor game today.  :-\

He was totally gash, consistently error prone and then, just to top it off, he 'accidentally' crocked our most important player (so everyone seemed to think for the last couple of weeks while he was absent anway) and the most obvious alternative candidate...

As league debuts as captain go, that was fucking awful.

:doh:

• 3 weeks later...