Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

whats happening?

IMHO the main priority has to be at at the back. At the minute we've got Diamond, Considine and Mulgrew all three of them under 23. Then we have guys like Crawford and Stirling Smith and Rogvi Holm who, at 19/20, should be looking like they are beginning to push for a place in the team squad. Add in to the equation no decent backup for Langfield...

All that adds up to a defence screaming out for an established, steady, experienced, head to help these guys develop.

In the middle with Duff, McDonald and Kerr we at least have some older heads to help the likes of Aluko, Pawlett (and again I think Stewart should be making a claim for a first team place this season). I suppose another established player would add strength in depth and take the pressure off the younger lads and perhaps the defence.

Up front with options including Mackie, Wright, Miller, Aluko and Paton, I can only see this being one out one in. Fingers crossed it's Wright.

All in all, given that they would need fuck all time to settle in, McGhee knows exactly what they can do, and they know the Scottish game Smith, Kimpl and Hughes sound like ideal candidates??

We do need decent back up/competition for Langfield but if you were Smith would you sign for us? If you're an established first choice at one SPL club I don't see why you'd sacrifice that for the possibility of being on the bench every week.  I would like to see us get him for the obvious reasons (even though he is a cock) I would just be majorly shocked if he wanted to come to us while Langfield is here.  What age is Bateman? Any chance of him stepping up to second choice keeper?  I would honestly put Leighton in goals ahead of Bossu. And Langfield actually...  ;)

Are there any centre backs in the SPL available on Bosmans?

All of Smith, Mair and Severin need to be replaced. 2 of them in midfield, no fucking about.

In the past few years JC made a big deal of sacrificing quantity for quality. That means when the "quality" leaves then we need to replace like for like.

However since Mair, Severin and Smith have left I expect nothing less than 3 new players to directly replace them. That's before we strenghten.

I think we need 5 new players.

Completely agree BB, but as far as replacing Anderson is concerned, he isn't going to be replaced, not short term but I agree another decent centre half should have come in.

We do need decent back up/competition for Langfield but if you were Smith would you sign for us? If you're an established first choice at one SPL club I don't see why you'd sacrifice that for the possibility of being on the bench every week.  I would like to see us get him for the obvious reasons (even though he is a cock) I would just be majorly shocked if he wanted to come to us while Langfield is here.  What age is Bateman? Any chance of him stepping up to second choice keeper?  I would honestly put Leighton in goals ahead of Bossu. And Langfield actually...  ;)

A point I made in another thread. I don't think he'd come to us anyway. I don't think he's better than Langfield, but I'd doubt that he'd come to a club after being an established first team keeper.

Did not really see one post i completely disagreed with what i am trying to say is that i think the defence is more of a priority. It does not look like we have the money to sign five players, although there is obviously room on the wage bill. But getting half decent bosmans will not be easy. I would, ofcourse, like the midfield improved but give me the choice i go for the defence first. We should have enough options in top half to get by the first few weeks, until hopefully a tv deal is done and dusted and we might then be able to strengthen that. having said that, i dont really know who to go for.

So what would you go for think i would go for the middle option because if we are on a budget then this is the way it will be worked out

sure we could go for 5 and be lucky maybe with one but its a big chance

so i think quality rather than quantity

5 not so good players

3 better players

1 very good player

yes i believe third best behind the old firm obviously, but dont quote me on that. Certainly close to it. I think we conceded 40 goals in the league. Which is still too many in my opinion. I see what you are getting at though. We have lost cover basically two centre halves and a sometimes right/left back though surely? I would say we def need a centre half before anything. Otherwise we are playing diamond and considine with no cover. Considine, nothing against him personally, was horrible last year for most part and big zander was shaky at times too. Still think we have more options in midfield and up front. And no i am not saying all of them are good options but money looks tight. Prioritising must be done.