Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Seve is gone, official!

Cracking player when he was on-form. More often than not ran the show in midfield or completely silenced the opposition in defence.

It's just unfortunate that he was a shit captain, as that (along with the hissy-fit he had after the Bayern game) tarnished my memories of him. However, I'll never ever forget the thundering goals he scored that had even the best of keepers well beaten - the best and arguably most memorable being his goal in the 2-0 win over the huns two years ago that helped us ease into Europe.

Or it shows that some fans don't have a clue?  ???

I do too have a clue!

Seve was mostly rubbish for us for at least the last couple of seasons - and was absolutely pish as captain.

The fact that he was sometimes a little better than most of the rest of the players in the squads he played in is little to celebrate IMO.

I don't think he will be missed very much at all - if we get in a half-decent centre-back.

:thumbsup:

I'd happily concede he isn't the player he once was but he most certainly will be missed, he is a very good player and one we will struggle to replace, whether at CB or CM, but I would also concede his captaincy has been far from thrilling. He has had quite weany dummy spitting episodes and has been way too laid back at times.

The notion that Seve has been "mostly rubbish for us" is complete nonsense.

• 1 month later...

Och, after 6 months on the Plymouth bench we'll get him onboard at the next window for a thruppenny bit and a bag of opened watsits

This is Wiggy's club yer talkin aboot, min. Nae more than a haepenny will be available for him. And opened wotsits? Again, on the cheapo side it'll be a bag of scampi fries that's been left open for four days.