Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

How long ago was the decision made?

Was thinking to myself this morning how long ago the board decided that Calderwood was a goner.

Lets be honest they probably knew after the dunfermline game that this was his last season and he would go in the summer, would it not have been prudent to give him the dunt then, thus allowing the new manager time to see his players over the the last 8 games to decided who was staying / going etc. Also it would have given him the whole summer to prepare the team for the pre-season and plenty of time to scout out players to bring to the club.

The argument could be made i suppose that we couldnt have brought in a new manager until the summer anyway, but i just dont see the point in giving calderwood all those extra games if the decision had already been made. Seems like time wasted.

2 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses (2 to Celtic, 1 to Rangers)

It's not as bad as you're making out. You're quite good at putting your own spin on things rather than actually looking at what happened.  ::)

So 2 wins in 9

Heres hoping we start the season in that form too then  :wave:

I'll remember that when you are sharpening the pitch fork.

two wins in 9 games is murderous form, i'll bet teams at the bottom of the league bettered that.

They weren't playing against UTD, Hearts and Hibs. We matched everyone around us asides from the OF.

So have we established it as fact that the club had decided to get rid of JC after the cup game ? Your speculation is based entirely on that premise without knowing if it the case or not.

If it were the case, which particular manager do you think would have accepted the role with a handful of games left to play ? I doubt very much McGhee would have.

The entire post seems like a moot point to me.

I'll remember that when you are sharpening the pitch fork.

two wins in 9 games is murderous form, i'll bet teams at the bottom of the league bettered that.

The pitchfork you've whittled down to a toothpick with your constant sharpening so we'll just discard that if you don't mind.

Given that the club still haven't found a replacement 2 weeks after they parted company with the management team who successfully made Europe and as Mickey Mouse is a fictional charactor; what makes you think:

1.  Our form would have been any better than finishing in 4th?

2.  We'd have replaced the management team any sooner?

3.  Who would have looked after the squad in the meantime?

Say for example we were to take mcghee from motherwell, what did he have to play for in the last 6 games of the season? would have been the ideal time to try and get him in, if they are after him of course

It wouldn't have happened. Any manager is going to want to see out the season at that stage and weigh up his options. There is absolutely no incentive to make that move. If you take it and Europe slips through your fingers then you have blown the job in the first 8 games with no time to recover. A manager is going to want at least half a season before the judgements come in unless they are coming in to fix something that if they failed would be accepted as being outwith their control (relegation for example). As you have pointed out so eloquently, mickey mouse could have steered us to Europe...imagine if McGhee hadn't. Your dream would be over before it began.

Like I said...moot point.

It wouldn't have happened. Any manager is going to want to see out the season at that stage and weigh up his options. There is absolutely no incentive to make that move. If you take it and Europe slips through your fingers then you have blown the job in the first 8 games with no time to recover. A manager is going to want at least half a season before the judgements come in unless they are coming in to fix something that if they failed would be accepted as being outwith their control (relegation for example). As you have pointed out so eloquently, mickey mouse could have steered us to Europe...imagine if McGhee hadn't. Your dream would be over before it began.

Like I said...moot point.

Worked for Newcastle.

Say for example we were to take mcghee from motherwell, what did he have to play for in the last 6 games of the season? would have been the ideal time to try and get him in, if they are after him of course

Thought you had fucked off from forums, or was it just the Hat?