Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Stadium Name

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're all agreed that the highest bidder is fine what about stands?

the Zerouali stand must be a shoe in, and probably a Fergie/Gothenburg job too

No chance.

The Fergie Stand

The Willie Miller Stand

The Chris Anderson Stand

The Joey Harper Stand

Take out the Joe Harper one and have one for the Gothenburg Greats.

The Northern Light Stadium

sounds good, we could live with the shite jokes :thumbsup:

Some kid'll call it something pish now in a school competition

;D my pal lives in Harmony Street - some kid came up with that as the winnning entry to name the estate

I see what you've done there  :P

Whoever pays the most is fine by me, although I'd prefer if it wasn't something entirely gay like the Tesco Arena.

I was only joking when i said the Tesco arena and yes it does sound gay but usually money talks

I agree with The Northern Light Stadium

Guest fatshaft

Are you having a laugh, hes the best chairman we've ever had.

He was the Chairman while Chris Anderson came up with all the ideas. Not joking at all, miserable old cunt.

Guest fatshaft

No chance.

Take out the Joe Harper one and have one for the Gothenburg Greats.

I agree no chance of Zero.

I thought Joey as he's still our record scorer. Hard to dofferentiate between the gothenburg team, but I suppose the Johnny Hewitt stand would be pretty sound.

I agree no chance of Zero.

I thought Joey as he's still our record scorer. Hard to dofferentiate between the gothenburg team, but I suppose the Johnny Hewitt stand would be pretty sound.

I wasn't meaning to differentiate between the Gothenburg side, I was meaning to name a stand for the collective group as they all played their part in our greatest achievement.

Guest fatshaft

I wasn't meaning to differentiate between the Gothenburg side, I was meaning to name a stand for the collective group as they all played their part in our greatest achievement.

OK, I'm a thicko.  :thumbsup:

Guest fatshaft

(this one's GOT to be terraced, and for the home fans who want to sing and shout and swear)

Better start lobbying your MP then.

It'll get called the Geez-Yer-Money-Sit-Doon-Shut-Up-And-Ye'll-Take-It-And-Ye'll-Like-It Stadium.

No colours will be allowed inside the ground unless you're 8 years old or younger.

Abuse, racism, swearing and noise of any sort is strictly prohibited unless it's aimed directly towards our own players or staff.

A moat will be built around the main entrance big enough to thwart any 12 man protests and a unirail link will jettison fans between the city and stadium on a train called the Flying Pig.

Don't like Gothernburg Greats or Glory of Gothernburg stand - simple Gothenburg or Ullevi stand would do me.

I also think individuals that have stands named after them should be dead - in memorium rather than anything. Who knows what damage a living person could do to the club in future?

As a consequence, maybe have an Anderson/Donald stand (toss of a coin?) and leave the other two stands as whatever direction they face, or whatever road they lie on and wait for someone to die. We could then have a well thought out poll as to whether they are worthy of having a stand named after them, or whether we think the club would just be appealing to the lowest common denominator.

As for the stadium itself, I have no issues with the highest bidder theory - the naming of the stands can reflect the character of the club.

As long as its nae a local manure trader that has the highest bidder then  ;D

I like Slims idea for The Stand Free

Why not give Chris Anderson and Richard Donald a stand each and leave the 4th one open to some sort of competition/vote ?

Guest fatshaft

I like Slims idea for The Stand Free

Of all the ideas knocked around, this one just stands out as the ideal and most 'Dons-like' name for the home end.  :thumbsup: