Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Manager - New Players

Whoever the new man he will surely take a good long hard look at the squad before making any signings.  I would be pretty pissed if he spent money on strikers instead of a new centre half (mihadjuks has been released by ICT and i thought he looked pretty usefull), right back and central midfielder.  Miller, bebo, paton, mackie, aluko and wright can all play there.  They just need improved service (tin hat on).  

I can play up front - doesn't mean i'm any good and deserve to be in the squad! But what I was getting at is every manager will always bring in players he trusts regardless of the squad he has inherited, cos he thinks they deserve to be at any club. So I opened up the debate to see what players people thought potential managers would end up bringing in

I'd be gutted if the new manager turns out to be a former (Park) Ranger. Having said that, Yogi does seem to be smarter than the average (teddy) bear.

I like what you did there ;) But I don't think it says much when you are comparing him to another "bear". He certainly doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the box!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone with any (realistic) hopes of who we could bring in over the summer?

What positions?  Back up Jim Jeeper, right back? Winger? Centre forward?

I like Taioul (sp?) at Killie.

Him wide right with Sone on the left with Kerr and McDonald in the middle would be amazing.

I like Taioul (sp?) at Killie.

Him wide right with Sone on the left with Kerr and McDonald in the middle would be amazing.

He does look a good player the times i've seen him. Ripped us to pieces in the cup.

One centre half will have to be brought in I'd imagine with Mair and most probably Seve on the way out.  Would be interesting to see if McGhee (or whoever else in case the arse falls out that deal) sees Zander and Considine as the long term partnership or if a first choice centre back will be brought in.