Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood takes another swipe at "Faceless" Fans

Post of the year i agree with everything said especially the bit about tactics they have been abysmal

Team selection don't get me started on that as they have been nothing short of a joke and i have been saying this all year

Makes some of the regulars on here look silly now as they defended him, the team selections and tactics all along and have now been proved wrong

God what does it take with Willie Miller even saying his tactics were crap. ;D

??? Who's been proved wrong and how?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post of the year i agree with everything said especially the bit about tactics they have been abysmal

Team selection don't get me started on that as they have been nothing short of a joke and i have been saying this all year

Makes some of the regulars on here look silly now as they defended him, the team selections and tactics all along and have now been proved wrong

I am not a fan of the spastics who say they were right all along, they were the same ones that were saying we wouldn't be in europe next season.  

Ok, I'll bite.

Willie Miller himself in his own response to JC says:

"I can also state, hand on heart, that I have never once doubted Jimmy's football knowledge or indeed questioned his tactics and at Board level, that was the message I preached, namely leave the football side of things to the manager as that's what he's there for"

Are you really that fucking dense?

So who do you believe? Our DoF, God, Sir William of Miller or that 'Fat Orange C*nt', 'buffoon' or whatever else you want to call him?

You can't have it both ways you utter, utter gonk.

We're in Europe and JC is gone. Get over it and lets move on.

From todays record.

"First of all, can I say I know exactly how Jimmy Calderwood feels right now and can empathise with the pain he's going through at a difficult time such as this.

"That said some of the comments allegedly from Jimmy made in one paper this morning do require some clarification and interestingly, are at odds with what Jimmy said to a number of other journalists of the course of yesterday.

"I would like to reiterate that during the course of Jimmy's tenure at Pittodrie, right up to the point of the announcement of his departure at Sunday evening's end of season staff party, he and his team have received the full and unwavering support of the Board of Directors.

"And, while there have been so many positives to celebrate during the five years Jimmy was here, we also stood shoulder to shoulder with him during the occasions we would probably prefer to forget, such as the Queen's Park defeat, after which we underlined our support by awarding him a new contract.

"We also remained solidly behind Jimmy following the massive disappointment of the Queen of the South Scottish Cup exit and all of the implications that went with it. That game, coming on the back of the Dundee United League cup last four reversal, understandably resulted in a raft of negative coverage but our support remained one hundred percent.

"There were difficult times during the season just completed, such as when we spent a fortnight at the foot of the league following St. Mirren's defeat of Rangers, and then, more recently, against Dunfermline, when we blew the opportunity, in front of 14,000 fans at Pittodrie, to lay the ghost of Queen of the South. Again, Jimmy received our complete support and I personally spent considerable time doing everything I could to assist in taking some of the pressure off Jimmy and his staff.

"I can also state, hand on heart, that I have never once doubted Jimmy's football knowledge or indeed questioned his tactics and at Board level, that was the message I preached, namely leave the football side of things to the manager as that's what he's there for. Indeed, after the cup tie he refers to at Tannadice, I made the point of congratulating him for changing things at half time and ultimately getting it right, something he invariably managed to do!

"Having been in Jimmy's position in the past, I was acutely aware of exactly where the demarcation line was between his role and the duties of myself as Director of Football and the other Directors and that was a line I made sure was never crossed.

"I'm also not sure where any perceived criticism of squad's fitness came from and, as far as I am aware, there was never any feeling among everyone at the Club that the players were anything other than extremely fit.

"In terms of youth development at Pittodrie, that aspect of our operation is one that is underpinned by club policy and, while Jimmy most certainly bought into it, I made the establishment of a Youth Academy one of my top priorities on my return to Pittodrie in 2004. It is an area in which we have invested heavily and I brought in Lenny Taylor, along with Peter Weir and Andy Dornan to head up our operations in Glasgow and Edinburgh, the latter being an area never previously targeted, as well as redefining the role of Neil Simpson. Those initiatives have paid dividends already as witnessed by the progression of Chris Maguire, Michael Paton and Peter Pawlett among others and youth development will continue to be at the forefront of this Club going forward, irrespective of who is the next manager.

"Having stated the above, I do feel the time is right to draw a line under what has occurred over the past few days and move on. In terms of the appointment of a new manager, while it is impossible to put a timescale such matters, the Board is well aware that the quicker things are finalised, the better for all concerned as we prepare for the new season. That said, we must also take the time and effort that will be required to ensure that the choice we make is the correct one for Aberdeen Football Club and that is a process that is now underway."

For a variety of reasons, the board weren't giving him full support and decided it may be time for a change, the minute Calderwood sensed he wasn't getting full support he left.

He claims nothing was mutual ergo he was sacked!

Yes, his tactics have been wrong all along. I can't believe he got it so wrong, and we're playing in Europe next season instead of the first division. :-\

So sorry to piss on your parade MA but, our final league standing says more about the state of Scottish football than JC's wizardry as a manager. 5 points from our final 5 games!!!!

A lot of our points have come despite his tactics rather than because of them. Unentertaining football has become our trademark. Gate receipts would tend to confirm this. Seeing Russell Anderson, just as a single example, shrug towards the bench, clearly unsure of what was going on, as a substitution was made, shows even the players didn't fully understand what he was trying to do.

He is good at what he does best - taking a team who are struggling a bit (and we were) and stabilising the situation. He didn't seem to have the ability to take us that step further, even to a domestic cup final/win.

So sorry to piss on your parade MA but, our final league standing says more about the state of Scottish football than JC's wizardry as a manager. 5 points from our final 5 games!!!!

A lot of our points have come despite his tactics rather than because of them. Unentertaining football has become our trademark. Gate receipts would tend to confirm this. Seeing Russell Anderson, just as a single example, shrug towards the bench, clearly unsure of what was going on, as a substitution was made, shows even the players didn't fully understand what he was trying to do.

He is good at what he does best - taking a team who are struggling a bit (and we were) and stabilising the situation. He didn't seem to have the ability to take us that step further, even to a domestic cup final/win.

Just a small note, but Aberdeen FC average attendances are up by 935 fans per game on last season, from an average of 11,994 to 12,929. If you assume that these supporters that fluctuate are pay at the gate fans then for an average ticket, receipts over the course of the season are 'up' approx £375k.

In fact, over the last few seasons in the SPL (relative to our peers):

spl.jpg

Even though attendances under JC have sliden from his initial high (as with any new manager), they are still on average 2,540 higher than the season prior to him joining AFC. I don't doubt that crowds show a decline in the last few seasons under JC, however they are not exactly in freefall either as others would suggest. Comparing with our peers, they are probably the most stable attendance figures and this season they are back up to our 1995 - 2000 average of just under 13k.

Just a small note, but Aberdeen FC average attendances are up by 935 fans per game on last season, from an average of 11,994 to 12,929. If you assume that these supporters that fluctuate are pay at the gate fans then for an average ticket, receipts over the course of the season are 'up' approx £375k.

In fact, over the last few seasons in the SPL (relative to our peers):

spl.jpg

Even though attendances under JC have sliden from his initial high (as with any new manager), they are still on average 2,540 higher than the season prior to him joining AFC. I don't doubt that crowds show a decline in the last few seasons under JC, however they are not exactly in freefall either as others would suggest. Comparing with our peers, they are probably the most stable attendance figures and this season they are back up to our 1995 - 2000 average of just under 13k.

Excellent post JJ  :thumbsup: Actual facts are always welcome among the hysteria.

I assume that revenue might be impacted this season as there have been a few price promotions, possibly more than previous seasons, although I could be wrong on that.

Jesus wept. Don't let facts get in the way of good load of bollocks. :lolabove: