Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Vidal keen to extend Aberdeen FC deal

Agreed.

Fantastic.

Although, whenever he did something good, the whole Dons support came out with a chorus "One Sone Aluko"  :hammer:

I thought I heard the down market forum posters singing 'two Sone Aluko's'  ;)

He looked excellent last night but I am worried about the number of 'defenders' we are accumulating who are not really defenders.

Mulgrew and Vidal are FBs who can't really defend and play better as sort of wing backs come midfielders. Foster is a midfielder who plays FB and apparently now CB, Mair is a CB who plays FB from time to time, Duff is a midfielder who sometimes plays FB, Seve is a midfielder who plays at CB. Have I missed anyone ?

So basically Zander and Considine look like the only actual defenders who play in their actual positions.

He looked excellent last night but I am worried about the number of 'defenders' we are accumulating who are not really defenders.

Mulgrew and Vidal are FBs who can't really defend and play better as sort of wing backs come midfielders. Foster is a midfielder who plays FB and apparently now CB, Mair is a CB who plays FB from time to time, Duff is a midfielder who sometimes plays FB, Seve is a midfielder who plays at CB. Have I missed anyone ?

So basically Zander and Considine look like the only actual defenders who play in their actual positions.

That's JC and his all-out-attack total football...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

javan vidal has just been stretchered off after 35 mins and replaced by ben haim.

Hope the injury isn't too serious....  Would be great to see him make the City first team.

During his time at Pittodrie, I've never seen a player improve so dramatically over the space of 4 or 5 games.  A pity he couldn't have continued his development at Pittodrie - technically, a cut above the usual dross we have to put up with.

Hope the injury isn't too serious....  Would be great to see him make the City first team.

During his time at Pittodrie, I've never seen a player improve so dramatically over the space of 4 or 5 games.  A pity he couldn't have continued his development at Pittodrie - technically, a cut above the usual dross we have to put up with.

He was good on his debut v huns. The next two games the team crumbled around him but he still played decent himself. Injury might make hime more likely to come our way in the market...

javan vidal has just been stretchered off after 35 mins and replaced by ben haim.

Can't be that badly injured, he's listed in the squad for the morra night against Sigma! As is Bateman who is away on loan. The BBC is a fucking joke.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Vidal, Diamond, Mulgrew, Considine, Pawlett, Duff, McDonald, Foster, Kerr, Aluko, Young, Miller, Mackie, Maguire, Nelson, Paton, Stewart, Clark, Ross, Crawford, Bateman.