Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Vidal keen to extend Aberdeen FC deal

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1202478

JAVAN Vidal today revealed he would consider signing on loan again for Aberdeen FC next season.

Aberdeen FC manager Jimmy Calderwood has confirmed he will speak to Manchester City boss Mark Hughes about the possibility of Vidal returning to Pittodrie after the summer.

The 19-year-old City player moved north on loan last January in an effort to gain valuable first team experience and will go home to Eastlands at the end of the term.

Vidal has not started a first team game since the March 14 win against Hamilton, but insisted a lack of recent SPL action will not affect any decision to come back to Aberdeen.

When asked if he would be open to another loan move to Pittodrie, Vidal said: “Definitely. I have loved my time up here and it’s been great for me.

“First team football is what I came for and that’s what I need.

“I have played at reserve team level with City for quite a while.

“First team football is more appealing to me, so I will just have to wait and see what happens in the summer and take it from there.

It is a great city and there is a really good bunch of lads at the club.

“I feel I have done well in the games I have played so obviously it is a little bit frustrating just now.

“But I didn’t come here to walk into the team, although obviously I want to play every week.â€

I would start him ahead of Foster every day of the week.

What at RB? No thanks. Foster everyday of the week. I actually thought Vidal played well in midfield, which obviously isn't his position. The times i've seen him play at RB he's been clueless. We really need a proper right back and centre back this summer.

Vidal has not started a first team game since the March 14 win against Hamilton, but insisted a lack of recent SPL action will not affect any decision to come back to Aberdeen........

“......First team football is what I came for and that’s what I need.

ummmmm, if you can't get it here, you've no chance at City.

why does JC bring in loan players from down south, with the exception of Sone he never gives them a fair crack of the whip. They can't all be crap surely. I'm pretty sure City reserves would pump us. I've no doubt this summer he ( if still in a job ) will bring up more premiership starlets to watch darren mackie and co from the bench. Either they are BETTER than what we have or we SHOULDN'T bring them in on loan at all. Where is the trust in these guys. Also if our squad are better why aren't City & co all chasing our superstars that are keeping English u21 players out of the team????

What at RB? No thanks. Foster everyday of the week. I actually thought Vidal played well in midfield, which obviously isn't his position. The times i've seen him play at RB he's been clueless. We really need a proper right back and centre back this summer.

He's a better right back than Foster (who admittedly has had a couple of decent games recently) as far as I'm concerned.

He's one of the worst full backs I've seen in a red shirt. Tata Javan!

With all due respect, how many times have you seen him play?  In the home games I've seen him at right back he's done well.  He can do with improving his tackling but has far better distribution and link up play than Foster can ever hope for.

With all due respect, how many times have you seen him play?  In the home games I've seen him at right back he's done well.  He can do with improving his tackling but has far better distribution and link up play than Foster can ever hope for.

I've seen him every time he's played as far as I'm aware. He's awful. He's got no positional awareness whatsoever. I've never seen a player look so lost as when he played against St. Mirren. Extending his loan would be nothing short of charity.

Thought he made a big difference tonight when he came on at half time.

The link-up play between him and Aluko was excellent.  For half an hour (until Kerr got sent off) the two of them took Dundee Utd's left side to the cleaners.

The link-up play between him and Aluko was excellent.  For half an hour (until Kerr got sent off) the two of them took Dundee Utd's left side to the cleaners.

Haha you just answered my question I asked you in the othe thread. Good to hear. I'm always happy to be proved wrong  :thumbsup:  Lets hope it continues.

Agreed.

Looked much better than he has done in the past.

Guest ally s

He played very well. Positionally much improved.

Agreed.  He looks a lot more comfortable playing as a wing back.