following on from favourite players

1 Theo Snelders

2 Stewart McKimmie

3 Davie Robertson

4 Neale Cooper

5 Roy Aitken

6 Jamie McAllister

fuck it that'll do

The two in bold certainly aren't cunts. If by "cunts" you meant amazing, then I'm with you.

I'm not sure i've got the same understanding as you guys of a cunt X1, as mine goes along the lines of the following, in a 442 formation, meaning of course that the traiterous auld cunt cannae be in charge of them ;)

1. 2 Flying Pigs

2. Clubfoot

3. Softee

4. Kiddie Fiddler

5. Scum Broon

6. Penis

7.Tin Man

8. Kebab Boy

9. Sally

10. Apache

11. Junkie

I'm not sure i've got the same understanding as you guys of a cunt X1, as mine goes along the lines of the following, in a 442 formation, meaning of course that the traiterous auld cunt cannae be in charge of them ;)

1. 2 Flying Pigs - Goram

2. Clubfoot - Broadcunt

3. Softee - Beano????

4. Kiddie Fiddler - Gough

5. Scum Broon - J Brown

6. Penis - Souness

7.Tin Man - McMinn

8. Kebab Boy - D*rr*nt

9. Sally - Aye, that cunt.

10. Apache - Hately???

11. Junkie - Le petit merde??

Three i'm not sure about there Al!! Am I right?

The two in bold certainly aren't cunts. If by "cunts" you meant amazing, then I'm with you.

Snelders was the best keeper i've seen Aberdeen, after years of devotion from Aberdeen fans he decided to sit on the bench for our main rivals for money, he's a cunt.

Cooper, signed for Rangers [mind you it was the only side in the whole world that he could sign for at the time due to Aston Villa refusing to let him sign for Aberdeen/The rest of the world] came up to the Aberdeen end after the skol cup final showing a fist with a bent forearm [i don't know what you call it, if there is a name for this sign], cunt

No:3 is Greig.....Gregg's softies ;)

No:11 Hideous, hideous human being that I can't bring myself to say his name

Actually can't believe I'd no place in that team for Hurlock :o

Christ, how the fuck could i not get it? It was me who posted the article... Willie CUNTFACE Johnstone?

Could tell you a couple of stories about John Greig...  ;)

Snelders was the best keeper i've seen Aberdeen, after years of devotion from Aberdeen fans he decided to sit on the bench for our main rivals for money, he's a cunt.

Cooper, signed for Rangers [mind you it was the only side in the whole world that he could sign for at the time due to Aston Villa refusing to let him sign for Aberdeen/The rest of the world] came up to the Aberdeen end after the skol cup final showing a fist with a bent forearm [i don't know what you call it, if there is a name for this sign], cunt

I cant comment on cooper because it was b4 my time but I cannot agree with your analogy of Snelder's exit

To my knowledge he was dropped by mr Aitken after a couple of bad performances (3-2 defeat against celtic is stuck in my head as the day his confidence was shattered IMO)

As I see it Aitken thought it was Michael Watt and Derek Stillie's time to shine and snelders fell down the pecking order not even making the bench in some games. There was apparenlty a swap deal on the cards that would have seen us take Gordon Marshall from Celtic (who had just lost his starting place with them) and snelders head to parkhead but that fell never materialised.

Yer a footballer in yer mid 30s who is sitting on the bench knowing that you are losing match fitness, time is against you and the current manager is favouring youth.

suddenly you are offered a contract with Rangers who require cover from an injured Goram, and the club you served loyally for 8 years are only too happy to snap up a few hundred K to offload you from the wage bill.

He got to play in the Champions league (all be it heavy defeats but still something he didnt get to do at pittodrie) and got a few extra pennies into his bank account before his career ended. And since he played most of his career in a time when footballers wages were not astronomical so i dont begrudge him doing what was best for his family.

To class him as a cunt basically because he signed for rangers is pathetic. I get the impression that your one of you criteria for this thread to Just list every dons player that left us for Rangers no matter who they were

I gave up on positions (why would you care anyway?) I've got 1 keeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers if your being polite ;D.

1. Gooram

2. G. Neville

3. Cashley

4. Ince

5. Gough

6. Ricksen

7. Souness

8. Lumpalard

9. Hateley

10. Drogba

11. Lennon

Ricksen

I was so disappointed when he left the filth. One of my all time greatest times was when he got sent off at Pittodrie, and the entire stadium echoed with boos. It was about the best domestic atmosphere in the past 5 years.

I guess that also shows how far we've fallen, as I can't remember any truely great times, and I'm 25.

I cant comment on cooper because it was b4 my time but I cannot agree with your analogy of Snelder's exit

To my knowledge he was dropped by mr Aitken after a couple of bad performances (3-2 defeat against celtic is stuck in my head as the day his confidence was shattered IMO)

As I see it Aitken thought it was Michael Watt and Derek Stillie's time to shine and snelders fell down the pecking order not even making the bench in some games. There was apparenlty a swap deal on the cards that would have seen us take Gordon Marshall from Celtic (who had just lost his starting place with them) and snelders head to parkhead but that fell never materialised.

Yer a footballer in yer mid 30s who is sitting on the bench knowing that you are losing match fitness, time is against you and the current manager is favouring youth.

suddenly you are offered a contract with Rangers who require cover from an injured Goram, and the club you served loyally for 8 years are only too happy to snap up a few hundred K to offload you from the wage bill.

He got to play in the Champions league (all be it heavy defeats but still something he didnt get to do at pittodrie) and got a few extra pennies into his bank account before his career ended. And since he played most of his career in a time when footballers wages were not astronomical so i dont begrudge him doing what was best for his family.

To class him as a cunt basically because he signed for rangers is pathetic. I get the impression that your one of you criteria for this thread to Just list every dons player that left us for Rangers no matter who they were

You are pretty much spot on with what you've said there. I was lucky enough to be round at Snelders house a few months ago and, perhaps naively, asked him about this time in his career.

He answered fully, and it was really interesting. After listening, you wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest for what he did. He was told he was getting punted at the end of the season because, there was a massive chance Aberdeen were going to get relegated. He was told to look elsewhere, and was effectively put on the market. Rangers approached, and offered him security and champions league football. He agreed everything in principle, let Aberdeen know and that was that.

Then at the 11th hour, Aberdeen changed their mind and started demanding that he stay. He had two options - stay with the club who days earlier weren't talking to you and wanted you out or go somewhere that have pretty much guaranteed you you'll get Champions League football (something he wouldn't get at Aberdeen) and job/financial security and, well.... The decision was already made for him.

People just look at things on the surface, perhaps see a headline and jump to the most awful of conclusions about people who really loved our club. Snelders still logs onto the forums, he still loves our club. Seeing him described as a cunt would, I'd imagine, come as a surprise.

But hey ho.... "Huck The Funs" must know something we don't.

People just look at things on the surface, perhaps see a headline and jump to the most awful of conclusions about people who really loved our club. Snelders still logs onto the forums, he still loves our club. Seeing him described as a cunt would, I'd imagine, come as a surprise.

But hey ho.... "Huck The Funs" must know something we don't.

He did say in a huns matchday programme interview that the one thing he wanted to do in his career was to run out for Aberdeen at Pittodrie and hear the fans chant his name.  He was a great player for us, and I would like to think the reason he stayed for so long at Pittodrie is because he loved the club and had a great relationship with the fans.  I'm not saying that it didn't sadden me when he left, and in particular the fact he went to them, but he was phenomonal for us and I'll always think highly of him regardless of who he played for after us.

He did say in a huns matchday programme interview that the one thing he wanted to do in his career was to run out for Aberdeen at Pittodrie and hear the fans chant his name.  He was a great player for us, and I would like to think the reason he stayed for so long at Pittodrie is because he loved the club and had a great relationship with the fans.  I'm not saying that it didn't sadden me when he left, and in particular the fact he went to them, but he was phenomonal for us and I'll always think highly of him regardless of who he played for after us.

:thumbsup:

Totally agree BB.

I'm amongst the group of Dons fans fortunate enough to have witnessed Leighton at his peak in his first spell with us, and been totally gutted when he went sooth o the border to join Fergie. Thought we'd never recover from the loss of Leighton and its fair to say that in a matter of months Snelders made me totally foget all about Leighton. Anyone who was around AFC in those days wouldn't say a bad word against Theo.

:thumbsup:

Totally agree BB.

I'm amongst the group of Dons fans fortunate enough to have witnessed Leighton at his peak in his first spell with us, and been totally gutted when he went sooth o the border to join Fergie. Thought we'd never recover from the loss of Leighton and its fair to say that in a matter of months Snelders made me totally foget all about Leighton. Anyone who was around AFC in those days wouldn't say a bad word against Theo.

Amen to that Al. :thumbsup:

as a side note regarding Theo, he totally revolutionised the way goalkeepers prepare themselves for games in this country.  Their warm ups used to hardly make them break sweat, but Theo was out for a good 45 mins before kick off getting put through his paces.  All that's changed now, and it must be down to him.

I met him when the Dons were doing pre-season training in 1990, and being a kind of star struck kid, the only thing I could think of saying to him was "Great save in the Cup Final, Theo" and he replied with "It was nothing, really."  Cool as fuck!  :thumbsup:

as a side note regarding Theo, he totally revolutionised the way goalkeepers prepare themselves for games in this country.  Their warm ups used to hardly make them break sweat, but Theo was out for a good 45 mins before kick off getting put through his paces.  All that's changed now, and it must be down to him.

I met him when the Dons were doing pre-season training in 1990, and being a kind of star struck kid, the only thing I could think of saying to him was "Great save in the Cup Final, Theo" and he replied with "It was nothing, really."  Cool as fuck!  :thumbsup:

;D That's brilliant!!

You should see him warming up to give training at FC Twente. Absolutely blistering training regime, the guy is still seriously fit. I asked him he wished he was still playing, and he said not at all. I was quite shocked, as most players are gutted they can't still play. His answer was that he didn't want to run out as a second rate player, when he knew he couldn't give his best anymore. He'd prefer not to play at all anymore, rather than showing up and letting himself and others down. Pretty cool answer. The guy is so down to earth too, it's unreal.