Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Joe Harper: "Saturday is wrong time for protests"

Saturday is wrong time for protests

I would urge the group of Dons fans planning to protest against Jimmy Calderwood after Saturday's game to think again.

The club will be staging a minute's silence in tribute to the men who lost their lives in the North Sea helicopter tragedy before the match.

It would be wrong for any fans to stage a protest after that.

What happened in the North Sea puts things like the Dons losing to Dunfermline in the cup into perspective.

It's only a game.

I doubt I'm the only one who doesn't have the stomach for childish protests from faceless fans at the moment.

Willie Miller urged the Red Army to back the team in their bid to reach Europe and to make judgements at the end of the season.  Please, just do that and leave the rest of focus on things that really matter.

In all honesty I don't think the minutes silence has any connection to the protests in any way and to say it has is missing the issue from both sides of the arguement.  Unless of course something happened during that minute and we would all put our lives on it that nothing will happen then.

A minute's silence during a game of football is just that.  It's a time to reflect and pay your respects.  Either side of that anything can happen and I'm not just talking football.

The protesters could easily have had banners during the game but the Ultras have beaten them to it with their helicopter tragedy display.

But I disagree with what Harper is saying regarding protesting before or after the game as it simply won't have any connection to that one minute of silence.