Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Anyone read the article bout him in the p+j today?  Sounds like the guy has a decent pedigree but it would be a massive gamble given his injury record. 

from the P+J

He also suffered a collapsed lung in the most bizarre of circumstances.

The defender underwent surgery to have a pin inserted into a broken ring finger, but a mistake in the operation meant he was rushed back to hospital three days later with breathing difficulties.

It was discovered the anaesthetist’s needle had punctured one of the passageways to his lungs.

Can some please explain to me how you dont notice someone puncturing your lung when your getting your getting surgery on your finger?  I asked my friends mum who is a theatre nurse and she was mightly perplexed by this

Talking of which... Looks like Bisconti will be avaiable on a Bosman at the end of the season!  :thumbsup:

wiki:

Bisco, a good industrious midfielder who infuriatingly couldn't quite manage to pass the ball from 10 yards. Very Scott Brown like without the goals and I would take him back in an instant was he 3 or 4 years younger.

From one Dutch 2nd Division you got that?

I think Jamie Smith came to us the season ADO got relegated from the Eredivisie.

People a writing off a Belgian capped, UEFA cup winner who once commanded a £1,000,000 fee without him even playing a reserve match.

Brilliant! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

I have been to quite a few games in that Div.

I am not writing this guy off. I just think the standard over there isn't as good as folk make out. We already knew what Jamie Smith could do before he went over to Holland and he was in Eredivisie. 

Don't think he should be written off.

There is a wider concern though that players coming from the Dutch league are used to a different style of football than we have in the SPL. There game is slower, they look for more time on the ball and expect to be given it. This doesn't mean that they will not be able to adapt, clearly there are several examples of excellent players who have managed it but there are many who have not. Particularly at the lower end of the scale where we have seen the likes of JDV or Touzani, who were clearly technically competent players but really struggled to make a major impact.

This guy could be exceptional for Aberdeen but he may struggle, evidence so far would suggest that he will struggle. For me, he looks like a £9 bottle that might have been kept at the wrong temperature  ;)

Anyone read the article bout him in the p+j today?  Sounds like the guy has a decent pedigree but it would be a massive gamble given his injury record. 

from the P+J

Can some please explain to me how you dont notice someone puncturing your lung when your getting your getting surgery on your finger?  I asked my friends mum who is a theatre nurse and she was mightly perplexed by this

Sounds like the story has got it wrong somewhere!

Having been to a 2nd Div game 2wks ago in Holland i can safely say they are much slower and nowhere near the same standard required for Spl level. 

Jeez!

Was I the only person who didn't bother heading to that game?!

I had a dig through my memory and discovered I remembered the guys name from FM2005 (or maybe 2006/7/8) I signed him for the Dons from Feyernoord and he was pish, always injured.

Hope this helps

Take Care

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
Collen is waiting for Dons call

belgian trialist keen to make his mark with aberdeen after his pittodrie trial

By Paul Third

Published: 25/04/2009

Aberdeen trialist Pieter Collen hopes news of interest from other clubs in two defensive players at Pittodrie can improve his chances of earning a move to Scotland.

The Belgian defender has returned to Dutch club Cambuur-Leeuwarden after his recent trial at Pittodrie but has not heard from Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood since his trial.

With Dons duo Scott Severin and Lee Mair both out of contract in the summer and attracting interest from other clubs, Collen is hoping Calderwood will have a need to bring in defensive reinforcements at the club this summer which will bolster his chances of earning a deal.

Captain Severin, who can play in central defence or midfield, is attracting the interest of Burnley, while St Mirren have been linked with a move for Mair.

Collen said: “My time at Aberdeen went well but I will just have to wait and see.

“Aberdeen are still in league action and do not know what will happen next year. The financial picture is still unclear. If some players leave then it is more likely they will sign me.â€

Collen, 28, will be a free agent in June when his deal with the Dutch club ends but the right back has been told a decision will not be made by Aberdeen until their final league position is known.

The Belgian admitted the physical nature of Scottish football caught him by surprise in his week-long trial in Scotland but believes he acquitted himself well and hopes to have done enough to win a deal with the Dons.

He said: “The training is a lot faster and more physical. I had no trouble adapting. Scottish football suits me."