Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

If Calderwood were to leave...

Guest Nellie The Don
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not convinced by anyone currently employed as a manager in Scottish football.

For me, Nicholl or Black.

My two preferred choices. Probably Nicholl as he's already on the pay roll and he seems like a decent bloke. Have we lost under him when he's been in charge of the team?

Bruce Rioch. Has been in for the job before. Has done a great job in Denmark since.

Did he not get the tin tack from Aalborg?

My two preferred choices. Probably Nicholl as he's already on the pay roll and he seems like a decent bloke. Have we lost under him when he's been in charge of the team?

If JC was to leave, I'd rather have a clean sweep and totally start a fresh with someone from outside.

Did he not get the tin tack from Aalborg?

If JC was to leave, I'd rather have a clean sweep and totally start a fresh with someone from outside.

Fair enough, I think maybe looking at it too finanically influenced. I certainly wouldn't take anyone from any other SPL team. Black it is then ;)

Willie's biggest problem was he was given the task of replacing top quality players who had been the rock in Aberdeen's game for so many years.

Now, though, Willie's seen everything that's happened at Aberdeen. He's actually had the balls to stand up in a press interview this week and admit that JC is on his last chance - I'd prefer to hear that than the usual "the manager gets my vote of confidence", which is what we heard from Wiggy about Roy Aitken and Alex Miller right up until the day they were binned.

I think of the options in the poll, Willie would be the best for the job, and we wouldn't have to pay any other club a fee for him either.

But surely there must be other managers out there that we just haven't thought about who can do the job whilst remaining in our budget.

Willie's biggest problem was he was given the task of replacing top quality players who had been the rock in Aberdeen's game for so many years.

Now, though, Willie's seen everything that's happened at Aberdeen. He's actually had the balls to stand up in a press interview this week and admit that JC is on his last chance - I'd prefer to hear that than the usual "the manager gets my vote of confidence", which is what we heard from Wiggy about Roy Aitken and Alex Miller right up until the day they were binned.

I think of the options in the poll, Willie would be the best for the job, and we wouldn't have to pay any other club a fee for him either.

But surely there must be other managers out there that we just haven't thought about who can do the job whilst remaining in our budget.

I honestly don't think he'd take it. Reading his book and certain press stories etc he is not interested in heading back there at all.  I have to say, I'm more than willing to see how it works out with another manager below him, will be interesting to see what they think of him. JC speaks highly of him and he's done well in the main i reckon.