Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Man of the Match v Dunfermline

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now im calmer than what I was last night only 3 players got pass marks from me, Diamond, Langfield and Kerr although I did think kerr made some poor choices when in possession eg not playing the ball quick enough, wrong pass.

Would also say well done to the penalty takers especially Foster for having the guts to take them.

On the subject of Langfield, has anybody EVER seen him save a pen?

I can't think of any occasion.

Partick Thistle in the CIS cup last season

I don't think there's any need too. I didn't hear a sponsors MOTM, perhaps they also thought that nobody deserved it?

Mizer's pulling together funcy graphs showing the man of the match over the whole season, it's only fair last night's debacle is included.

Where is DonsTalks big gay Mizer today?

I have been away up in the Highlands the last three days, couldnt even get to see the game on the telly last night. I did get to see a lamb be pulled out of sheep fanny, it was pretty grim for 8 in the morning! Then this morning I saw a vet cutting open a dead sheep to get samples for a post mortem, which was quite surreal but not as surreal as coming on here to see everyone on the bandwagon :thumbsup:

Mackie for me.  The 1000% effort he put in tonight was fantastic, every jump for every header was so close he almost won one of them.  To get so close to Aluko's cross in the first minute without making contact - you cant learn stuff like that.  His ability to try and control the ball with his shin/knee/nose while running in the opposite direction of where he should be going is so underrated.  He attempted numerous passes and lay offs tonight - wasn't his fault that there wasn't a Dons player on the end of them.  I even noticed that he managed to stay onside a couple of times - fantastic.  Scott Wilson knew that he'd been in a game last night.  After a performance like than I'm not surprised he got a full 120 minutes.

:lolabove:

Read your first 3 words and thought wtf?!, ended up laughing as I read on!!

+1 for a quality post!

Back on topic... only Langfield, Diamond and Kerr got pass marks from me. Clangers kept us in the game with a few good saves, Kerr yet again worked hard but (after pointed out to me) never seemed to pass forward.

Voted for Diamond as only one to really show commitment and passion.

Jesus christ, the mentality of Scottish football fans is mental. No wonder we're kick and rush all the time here. 3 passes in a row sideways and the crowd start moaning. Players like Ferguson, Lennon and Wilkins were criticised for always passing sideways. Maybe they did, but it was always to someone in their own team. The other team can't score when they don't have the ball and with the ballconstantly moving (whether it's sideways or backwards) your drawing the other team out of position which creates space for that killer pass. Never understood why our fans want us to get the ball up the park instantly, part fo the reason the manager/players far too often play the long ball.

Sorry, bit of a rant there.

Jesus christ, the mentality of Scottish football fans is mental. No wonder we're kick and rush all the time here. 3 passes in a row sideways and the crowd start moaning. Players like Ferguson, Lennon and Wilkins were criticised for always passing sideways. Maybe they did, but it was always to someone in their own team. The other team can't score when they don't have the ball and with the ballconstantly moving (whether it's sideways or backwards) your drawing the other team out of position which creates space for that killer pass. Never understood why our fans want us to get the ball up the park instantly, part fo the reason the manager/players far too often play the long ball.

Well said that man.  :thumbsup:

Spot on sir  :thumbsup:

At school we were coached by Lenny Taylor. Tried to get us to pass you players in triangle shapes because it's almost impossible to defend against. When I was young I thought he was speaking pish but as i have grown and understood the game more I can see he was right. I noticed Arsenal and Man Utd seemed to play this way and for me they have been two of the most successful teams of this generation. I wish we could play this way, or at least try.

You notice it defensively as well. in the home leg against Dnipro our fans wanted us to push on chase their team down for the ball, which would leave us totally exposed at the back. Totally unbelievable and Jimmy got his tactics spot on in that game by having the lads sit back and hit them on the counter. "FUCKIN' GET INTAE THEM" was all you could hear round about me me and my mate. Morons.

At school we were coached by Lenny Taylor. Tried to get us to pass you players in triangle shapes because it's almost impossible to defend against. When I was young I thought he was speaking pish but as i have grown and understood the game more I can see he was right. I noticed Arsenal and Man Utd seemed to play this way and for me they have been two of the most successful teams of this generation. I wish we could play this way, or at least try.

You notice it defensively as well. in the home leg against Dnipro our fans wanted us to push on chase their team down for the ball, which would leave us totally exposed at the back. Totally unbelievable and Jimmy got his tactics spot on in that game by having the lads sit back and hit them on the counter. "FUCKIN' GET INTAE THEM" was all you could hear round about me me and my mate. Morons.

Its how I learned to play football in Holland as well when I was younger. Is it not something that Brits are taught by their coaches?!?! Because you make it sound like a novel concept?

Never understood why our fans want us to get the ball up the park instantly, part fo the reason the manager/players far too often play the long ball.

Hence why I said in another thread that the fans are partly to blame.  :thumbsup:

There was one point on Wed night when this muppet sitting in front of me decided to stand and berate Lee Mair for "notgerrinitupthafookinparkquickenoughyeuselessarticlefucksake..."

At the point he shouted this, Mair had only just slid in to make a very good tackle on the Dunfermline number 7 on the edge of our box and was only just getting to his feet with the ball, which he eventually played to Mulgrew on the left.

Its how I learned to play football in Holland as well when I was younger. Is it not something that Brits are taught by their coaches?!?! Because you make it sound like a novel concept?

Can't tell if this is a dig at me or not but when I was younger i'd been on AFC training courses and was never taught this. Only by Lenny at school, ? ? ? might have been trained by Lenny as well, not too sure.

Was actually going to bring up the Dutch because they are great at passing it, keepnig it and picking out the killer pass. If they didn't have the bad attitudes they could have dominated International football.

Saw a documentary on the Ajax youth team a few years back and it said scores aren't kept in games until the U15 level and players don't get their steady position until they are 17. Can you confirm this Manc?

Only by Lenny at school, ? ? ? might have been trained by Lenny as well, not too sure.

Only towards the end of my time at school as he became headmaster about a year or two before I left, I do remember him banging on about it though. 

When I played for King Street in primary school, the triangular passing was one of the things we were taught about and it's one of my earliest memories of being coached in football.

Can't tell if this is a dig at me or not but when I was younger i'd been on AFC training courses and was never taught this. Only by Lenny at school, ? ? ? might have been trained by Lenny as well, not too sure.

Was actually going to bring up the Dutch because they are great at passing it, keepnig it and picking out the killer pass. If they didn't have the bad attitudes they could have dominated International football.

Saw a documentary on the Ajax youth team a few years back and it said scores aren't kept in games until the U15 level and players don't get their steady position until they are 17. Can you confirm this Manc?

Haha no don't worry it wasn't a dig at you at all! Moreso Britain as a whole as to me it seems logical, but being brought up on that you only know what your taught. I just assumed it was what your were taught as a basic footballing skill.

Re your last sentance. Its certainly nothing that I ever heard, because we certainly kept scores in the leagues we played in. But with regards to them not cementing a position down until about that age I think thats true in certain clubs but having never played at that "professional" youth level I can't really comment. My coach certainly kept us to certain positions.

Only towards the end of my time at school as he became headmaster about a year or two before I left, I do remember him banging on about it though. 

When I played for King Street in primary school, the triangular passing was one of the things we were taught about and it's one of my earliest memories of being coached in football.

Would like to have seen Lenny brought into the coaching set up for the youth team. A man who commands respect but can see some of his methods being a bit too old school for the modern day footballer.

So if Kerr is so good at this sideways passing why do we never prodcue the killer pass?

So if Kerr is so good at this sideways passing why do we never prodcue the killer pass?

We actually cut teams apart when we do try. Celtic at home, Dundee utd at home. St Mirren at home earlier in the season. Motherwell earlier in the season. The start of the game on Wednesday. Hearts at home we were unlucky not to score more.

Obviously i'm just referencing games I was at, and thats just off the top of my head. The killer ball won't always lead to a goal, or even a chance at goal. As i'm saying the Dundee Utd game it was the pass before the cross for Seves goal.