Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dates for Semi-final announced

Correct!

Think we could persuade the SRU to swap Hampden for Murrayfield? its a shame to waste rugby on that stadium.

And have an even bigger stadium half empty! Good idea!

I don't have the best luck at penalty shoot outs, the underdog has always won. I'll settle for 2-0, Mackie and Foster, :thumbsup:

We all would have chosen 3pm on a Saturday as ideal, however thanks to TV it's the choice of early kick-off Saturday or Sunday 3pm if we get to the semi-final.

Given the choice I would have gone for the Sunday at 3pm, 12.15pm Saturday semi last year has too many bad memories! (Albeit one of the best laughs ever after the game with the Globes in Life of Riley  :thumbsup:)

Just hope the hun v St Mirren game the previous day doesn't ruin the pitch and spoil our "total football" silky passing game!  ::)

And have an even bigger stadium half empty! Good idea!

As jager says if its quiet at Murrayfield you could just open the bottom half. Been there to some rugby stuff which was like that and for a rugby crowd it was pretty good.

If I go to both that will leave me with 7 days holiday to take until March 31st 2010! I need to keep days for european fitba - not mickey mouse trips to semi-finals!

I'm gonna just wait to see if we get to the final... if I go to the semi and we get beat it will be one of the shitest days ever as an Aberdeen fan... again. If we win, then we'll be in the final.

Of course, that's IF we can beat dunfermline... I'm not so sure anymore  :-\

A few points:

• You might get sacked before March next year, which leaves you plents of spare time for European trips.  :thumbsup:
  • We will get to the final
  • We will not get beat in the Semi
  • We will bead Dumfermline

Confidence is High in the Dave household today.

As jager says if its quiet at Murrayfield you could just open the bottom half. Been there to some rugby stuff which was like that and for a rugby crowd it was pretty good.

The Murrayfield pitch is in quite a state at the moment and was totally covered in sand this weekend. The Hampden surface has just recently been relaid so is probably ideal from a footballing point of view.

Either way its a no-brainer...Scottish cup semi-finals should be played at Hampden!

If I go to both that will leave me with 7 days holiday to take until March 31st 2010! I need to keep days for european fitba - not mickey mouse trips to semi-finals!

I'm gonna just wait to see if we get to the final... if I go to the semi and we get beat it will be one of the shitest days ever as an Aberdeen fan... again. If we win, then we'll be in the final.

Of course, that's IF we can beat dunfermline... I'm not so sure anymore  :-\

Come on Jager min! If we beleive, we can acheive ;D

Cos it's shit. It's a soulless craphole and is not a patch on it's former self.

Absolute nonsense.  i've been to quite a few games at hampden where its been proper bouncing

cup semi in 95 where we beat the huns 2-1

cup final where we lost 4-0 and people were doing the conga.

quite a few qualifiers where the atmosphere was buzzing like scotland v france, ukraine, italy twice, netherlands.  You get a big enough game there its a brilliant stadium.  If i remember rightly (and apologies if im wrong) you are a quite passionate hater of the tartan army so its of little surprise to me that you havn't been to any/many games where there's been a decent atmosphere........ afc havn't been there very often since it was re-developed. 

I never went to hampden before it was seated and can only feel jealousy if you have. I'm certainly not going to argue that its better now,  Terracing needs to come back imo

Absolute nonsense.  i've been to quite a few games at hampden where its been proper bouncing

quite a few qualifiers where the atmosphere was buzzing like scotland v france, ukraine, italy twice, netherlands.  You get a big enough game there its a brilliant stadium.  If i remember rightly (and apologies if im wrong) you are a quite passionate hater of the tartan army so its of little surprise to me that you havn't been to any/many games where there's been a decent atmosphere........ afc havn't been there very often since it was re-developed. 

I never went to hampden before it was seated and can only feel jealousy if you have. I'm certainly not going to argue that its better now,  Terracing needs to come back imo

Different stadium.

Also the conga. I joined in because i was about 11 and thought it was funny. If it were to happen to again and i'm in attendance i'd feel like throwing coins at the morons.

Big game yesterday, massive crowd. Flat atmosphere.

Well, I was at the League Cup Finals of 89 and 92, and the Scottish Cup Final of 1990 as well as the Cup Semi of 95 (the only Dons game i've missed at Hampden since 1989 was QOTS as I was on holiday).  95 was good, but to be fair, it was only bouncing in our end cos we were beating the huns. We could have played that game on the ash pitches at Toryglen behind Hampden and you would still have found it bouncing. Compared to the stadium it was, it is rotten.  I also went to the Scotland-Argentina game in 1989/90 when McKimmie scored the winner, and was at two Euro qualifiers for 96, so I'd say I'm well placed to judge. 

If i remember rightly (and apologies if im wrong) you are a quite passionate hater of the tartan army so its of little surprise to me that you havn't been to any/many games where there's been a decent atmosphere........ afc havn't been there very often since it was re-developed. 

Hate is a very strong word. They make me cringe in a way that only Paul McCartney as well asRobo's posts about Liverpool come close to.  They adhere to stereotypes about this country and make me want to vomit, to be honest.  The conga thing was, in my mind, the tartan army attitude coming into our support.  We were 4-0 down to our most hated rivals, our legendary goalkeeper had had his head staved in by one of the vermin and you class that as a good bounce? I felt like crying, not doing a conga. Each to their own, and all that, but that was the second worst day of my Aberdeen supporting life. Only 11 May 1991 eclispses it.

95 was good, but to be fair, it was only bouncing in our end cos we were beating the huns.

Maybe but it was still bouncing though, that was the game where i really fell in love with football.  I'd often looked at football matches when fans had just been going nuts and thought "aye steady boys it wasnt that good a goal"  but that day i finally got it. 

Sounds like you went to quite a few games before it was re-developed though, what was it like when it was really full?

With regards to the cup final in 2000 i stopped taking that seriously when had to play a striker in goals.  It was just to rediculous for words and i really didnt see the point in getting annoyed when fate had dealt such a fatal blow so early.  Thems the breaks as they say.

hey make me cringe in a way that only Paul McCartney as well asRobo's posts about Liverpool come close to.

:lolabove:

Maybe but it was still bouncing though, that was the game where i really love with football.  I'd often looked at football matches when fans had just been going nuts and thought "aye steady boys it wasnt that good a goal"  but that day i finally got it. 

Sounds like you went to quite a few games before it was re-developed though, what was it like when it was really full?

Oh yeah, it was excellent that night, no doubt about it and without sounding arrogant we knew that if we won, we would win the cup. But it still had nothing on the old Hampden. The terracing was so steep and vast, and that's totally gone now. When a chance was created you'd feel the crowd surge forward and you'd just have to go with it. When we scored you'd end up about twenty yards from where you started, that's a real bounce! I never think of that 95 game with the same fondness as I do with Mason scoring in 89, Theo saving the pen in 90 or even Ian Cameron's semi final winner v the tims in 89, and I think a lot of that is to do with the stadium and the atmosphere not being as electric in 95.

With regards to the cup final in 2000 i stopped taking that seriously when had to play a striker in goals.  It was just to rediculous for words and i really didnt see the point in getting annoyed when fate had dealt such a fatal blow so early.  Thems the breaks as they say.

I know what you mean, but the whole day was just horrible. The huns all dressed in orange, smug cunts to a man.  We were all pretty optimistic before the game, and that was just ripped from us. We had organised a big night out for after the game regardless of the score. After the match, every one of us just went home, we were all just so fucked off with it all. I'd bought a few cans on the way home, thinking "i might as well just get pished", couldn't even bring myself to drink them, think i was in bed for about 9 that night. Horrible, horrible day.

Oh yeah, it was excellent that night, no doubt about it and without sounding arrogant we knew that if we won, we would win the cup. But it still had nothing on the old Hampden. The terracing was so steep and vast, and that's totally gone now. When a chance was created you'd feel the crowd surge forward and you'd just have to go with it. When we scored you'd end up about twenty yards from where you started, that's a real bounce! I never think of that 95 game with the same fondness as I do with Mason scoring in 89, Theo saving the pen in 90 or even Ian Cameron's semi final winner v the tims in 89, and I think a lot of that is to do with the stadium and the atmosphere not being as electric in 95.

I know what you mean, but the whole day was just horrible. The huns all dressed in orange, smug cunts to a man.  We were all pretty optimistic before the game, and that was just ripped from us. We had organised a big night out for after the game regardless of the score. After the match, every one of us just went home, we were all just so fucked off with it all. I'd bought a few cans on the way home, thinking "i might as well just get pished", couldn't even bring myself to drink them, think i was in bed for about 9 that night. Horrible, horrible day.

Thats fucking right i totally forgot about that.  "in the spirit of celebrating our dutch links"  they said at the time.  Cunts.  Nothing to do with the shit load of money the creamed in off bigotry with it.  I was totally steaming by the time the game kicked off and i think i must have blocked out quite a few memories of the day.  Probably not a bad thing

The only time i have seen aberdeen in a competitive fixture where it was terracing was at brockville the 1st season we nearly went down, actually must have been may 95 cos aitken had recently taken over.  Cant imagine it was anywhere near as steep as hampden was back in the day but remember it was a bit of a nightmare trying to find folk after the goals.