Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood:

"I'm very frustrated. The tale of our games against Dundee United over the last few years is that we keep giving them goals.

"But all credit to my boys, they showed a lot of character to come from behind and they worked so hard to get our goals.

"I thought we dominated it and we seemed to be in the ascendancy all the time.

"So I can't fault the players apart from two stupid mistakes."

Dundee United manager Craig Levein:

"I felt exasperated for long spells today. But I can't fault the boys for their effort and they showed plenty of grit and determination.

"Perhaps trying to play football was our biggest fault because we kept on getting caught on the ball on a very difficult pitch.

"Even at 2-2 we both kept trying to get that winner, so it made for exciting entertainment for those watching, but a nervous second 45 for myself.

"This is a hard place to come so we'll take a point up here."

Must have missed the part where United tried to play football ::)

j967ft.jpg

I can't believe the stats have the possession at 50/50, I thought we had the most of it from about 30 minutes onwards. Anyway, united only had 3 shots in the whole 90 minutes, was the penalty included in that? Why did we not pump them today, I'm totally baffled.

Oh aye, and for the first time ever I have to admit that Maguire finally looked like a footballer. Hopefully it continues. praci.gif

Just watched the match on alba that i'd recorded last night, we were very unlucky IMO. No way should Zander have attempted the back pass for their first but I felt Sandaza pulled Zander back to get in front, then Zander did the same. Definatley six of one half a dozen of the other.

Their second, the Scumdee No. 17 was standing on our goal line in what looked like an offside position. How you can't be interfeering with play standing on the goal line is beyond me, especialy as Langfield had to dive round in front of him in an attempt to save the ball.

Manager Q&A: Jimmy Calderwood

Feb 23 2009

Q: Was that a game Aberdeen deserved to win?

A: I felt we could have won it because we were in the ascendancy most of the time.  But we've given United a gift every time we've played them over the last few years and we gave another two. In saying that I must give credit to the lads.  We stayed on the front foot although it was difficult to pass on that pitch. And we showed a lot of courage to come back twice against a good team.

Q: Was the side's fighting spirit the most pleasing aspect?

A: We were so disappointed to come in 1-0 down at half time but then we went out and equalised within a minute. I thought we would take it on from there, then Charlie got caught on the bye-line.  But we kept going, got the equaliser and kept looking for a winner. By that time I think United were happy with the draw.

Q: Is it a case of "as you were" in the race for third place?

A: It was a massive bonus to hear Hearts had drawn. Nothing has changed. We have another hard home game next week but if we can get the victory then something has to give at Tannadice.

Q: You must have had a real go at them at half time for the team to respond as they did?

A: It was actually a quiet half time from me - I'm getting too old for it. You could slaughter Zander but we have all done that in our careers. I just told him to keep looking for the ball and trying to do the right things. He got the break in the end which was great for him.