Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1563208,00.html

width=380 height=228http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/3a/ef/0,,10284~5369658,00.jpg[/img]

Zander is back! Newspapers reports that he might be out for a year proved to be slightly premature. As Zander pointed out, "every footballer in the world with an Achilles injury will be flocking to the Pittodrie physios Saint John and Saint Davie for the new miracle cure and there will be a shrine within the stadium dedicated to them, like the AFC version of Lourdes…."

Jimmy Calderwood spoke to RedTV at lunchtime and as always started by giving the team news. "Zander is fit and was fine in training today.It was maybe just a tiredness thing but we didn't want to take any chances. Darren Mackie is also fit for selection.Gary McDonald is still out and is not progressing very quickly.Jamie Smith is still out but was back training with the lads today and is looking very sharp, he just needs to get some reserve games under him before we can have him for selection.Andrew Considine is also still out.

"Zander is going to be very important for us this weekend as United are a big physical team and we need our tall, strong lads in their to match them.The physios were worried about them and it could have been a lot worse but it has turned out to be ok and we are thankful for that. When he is playing he is a real asset and with him and Seve in the middle they have given us a very good defensive record.He also gives us that pace at the back which is essential.

"We've not done very well against United this season and the last game up here they were really struggling and were looking for anything at all and they got that with the mistake from Tommy.After that game they went from strength to strength and never really looked back.

"Saturday's game is massive for us as if we beat United we then go ahead of them in the league and that puts us in a good position as they then face Hearts the following week.I think United would be more happy with a point from the game than we would and we will be going all out o gain all the points.

"Craig (Levein) was here on Tuesday and I'm sure he saw the quality in the likes of Aluko, I'm sure he was probably already aware.The teams have played each other so many teams that there aren't really too many things which will come as a shock.

"United will be taking up a big crowd so it will be a great atmosphere and it could be heading for a 15 or 16 thousand in attendance and that always makes the difference.

Remember and do your predictors too.

http://www.thedandies.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?board=3.0

In/Oot - In for 1st half probably

Pre-match - The Pitt

Stand - Section Y

Post-match - The Pitt / Bluebird Chipper for fishcakes

Prediction - Lee Miller will not score but it's ok cos he's not an out-and-out striker. Mackie and Maguire will be utter pish if they don't score though.

You're such an Ultra  ;D

Aberdeen: Langfield, Mair, Mulgrew, Diamond, Severin, Kerr, Mackie, Vidal, Miller, Maguire, Aluko. subs: Wright, Bossu, Young, Duff, Paton, Stewart and Crawford.

Dundee United: Zaluska, Grainger, Wilkie, Dods, Caddis, Feeney, Sandaza, Robertson, Gomis, Kovacevic, Bauben.

Official website says Foster has just dropped out of the squad altogether, no mention of an injury.

Just in.  Probably the best we've played without winning for a long time.

It was an entertaing game, despite Dundee Utd playing for a draw.  :hammer:

We lost two terrible, terrible goals.  Diamond and Mulgrew should hang their heads in shame.

Second half was really good, we were all over them and played some very nice stuff, but just couldn't get the winner.  We definitely deserved to win.  :(

We maybe should have stuck Wright on to get wired in to their carthorses as Miller wasn't having any luck against them.

Absolutely raging that we never won that game, basically because of the mistakes. Utd never looked like doing anything. Should have had two definite free kicks in the build up to the second and don't understand how Robertson was not sent off today. Yellow card for picking the ball up (we scored from the free kick) and then slid and took down Miller from behind 5 mins later. He was taken off before he was substituted.

Think thats quite Harsh on Miller Kow. A lot of our good play came from the ball being played to his feet and him picking out team mates.

Maguire put in a power of work today. Great performance. If he can play like that every week then I will understand what all the fuss was about.

Absolutely raging that we never won that game, basically because of the mistakes. Utd never looked like doing anything. Should have had two definite free kicks in the build up to the second and don't understand how Robertson was not sent off today. Yellow card for picking the ball up (we scored from the free kick) and then slid and took down Miller from behind 5 mins later. He was taken off before he was substituted.

Very poor performance from the ref and South Stand linesman today, what a couple of useless cunts.

Think thats quite Harsh on Miller Kow. A lot of our good play came from the ball being played to his feet and him picking out team mates.

Maguire put in a power of work today. Great performance. If he can play like that every week then I will understand what all the fuss was about.

Interesting...

I wondered if the game was on Alba as the Setanta box was there but they normally mention it at the game.

I thought we played very well today, just couldn't get the winning goal, and were unlucky.

Penalty I didn't think it was one, certainly Sandaza went down very easily. Mulgrew's horrific punt out for the corner was bad. Other than those two mistakes I thought we outplayed them, they never looked like scoring.

Kerr was my MOTM, involved in a lot of good play. I also thought Maguire played very well, was eager to get involved, picked out some good passes and generally got involved rather than running about like a headless chicken. Like Kow said if he can play like that every week, then he deserves his place in the team.

Thought Mackie was so-so, got in some good positions but invariably lost the ball. Miller had some good play but was always going to be a target for United. Aluko did well too but not my MOTM.

Did Maguire start the game up front?

Did Maguire start the game up front?

Yeah. He looks far more dangerous at the front...moreso than Mackie anyway.

Sandaza did go down easily, but watching the game on BBC Alba again and there was a slight tug from Diamond. Not enough to pull him down, but none the less - thats what the ref would have seen. He should't have let him get the wrong side anyway!