Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Diamond out for a year?

My mate text this morning saying that Radio Scotland announced that Zander could be out for up to a year with an achilles injury. Anyone heard anything?

EDIT:  From BBC Gossip Column:

Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood fears defender Zander Diamond could be out for a year with an Achilles injury. (Daily Express)

Stolen from the Hat who I'm guessing stole it from Aberdeen journals???

Central defenders Zander Diamond and Andrew Considine are facing potentially lengthy spells on the sidelines with Achilles and hamstring injuries respectively.

Gary McDonald and Darren Mackie are struggling to be fit for Saturday’s vital SPL match against Dundee United let alone tonight’s Scottish Cup fifth round tie against East Fife.

Victories against East Fife this evening and the Arabs on Saturday would set up a Scottish Cup quarter-final trip to either Dunfermline or Airdrie and strengthen hopes of a third-place finish in the SPL.

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood will need to call on Lee Mair to play in defence and he has been boosted by the availability of attacker Sone Aluko, who has recovered from the hamstring strain which forced him to miss the 2-1 defeat at Hearts at the weekend.

Calderwood admitted the casualty list, which also includes Jamie Smith, is a mounting concern.

He said: “Diamond and Considine are out for a long time and that is a worry, especially looking ahead to Dundee United on Saturday.

“We could do with a bit of height in that game.

“An Achilles injury can keep you out for a year if it’s not right and if it isn’t rested.

“Zander didn’t feel it until Sunday morning.

“We will have to wait and see and we won’t take chances. I don’t think he’ll be fit for Saturday, but you never know.

“We knew what type of game we wanted to play against East Fife, but with those two central defenders getting injured it makes a difference, but we’ve just got to get on with it.

The day we start handing out new contracts based on gossip in the Daily Express is the day we prove our chairman and 'director of football' are complete idiots.

He has an Achilles problem, Jimmy is saying he needs rest, the 'being out for a year', is if it isn't rested properly.

Why are Dons fans so fond of the big red panic button?

This really is a small disaster for us, and I think it now becomes crucial that Severin signs another deal with us.

We'll also need to see Considine step up, he started the season fairly well so hopefully he can get back into it. He'll be an important player for us.

I agree with all of that.  It's time for Considine to step up and start fulfilling his potential, it could also pave the way for Mair to play in his preferred position and prove he's better than just a squad player.

The day we start handing out new contracts based on gossip in the Daily Express is the day we prove our chairman and 'director of football' are complete idiots.

He has an Achilles problem, Jimmy is saying he needs rest, the 'being out for a year', is if it isn't rested properly.

Why are Dons fans so fond of the big red panic button?

For fucks sake, I was passing on information a mate heard on Radio Scotland. I thought this was the place to discuss things connected with AFC, no?  Reading the P&J article it seems it isn't as bad as the radio has made out, why the fucking attitude for simply asking a question about whether anyone has heard anything similar?

For fucks sake, I was passing on information a mate heard on Radio Scotland. I thought this was the place to discuss things connected with AFC, no?  Reading the P&J article it seems it isn't as bad as the radio has made out, why the fucking attitude for simply asking a question about whether anyone has heard anything similar?

Completely agree! I hope he's not out for too long, we need him and it is now imperative that Seve signs a new deal! Might he use this as a bargaining tool with the club to get more money ?!?! Or am i just be cynical?  :-\

Weather has taken its toll on Diamond

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 17/02/2009

ABERDEEN FC fear crocked defender Zander Diamond is a victim of their poor training facilities.

Diamond will miss tonight’s Scottish Cup clash with East Fife at Pittodrie because of an Achilles tendon injury, although Aberdeen FC have dismissed reports claiming the defender could be out for up to a year.

The cause of the injury is still a mystery, but manager Jimmy Calderwood has pointed the finger of blame at the Dons having to scramble about to find somewhere to train during the recent bad weather.

Chill out retard.

I was expressing my opinion about the source, and as Jimmy has just said on the radio - It's been blown out of all proportion - "I said if he wasn't careful he could be out for a year, but I'm hopeful it's just a few games"

The other issue was the "we need to sign Seve on the back of this" - absolute tosh

Chill out retard.

I was expressing my opinion about the source, and as Jimmy has just said on the radio - It's been blown out of all proportion - "I said if he wasn't careful he could be out for a year, but I'm hopeful it's just a few games"

The other issue was the "we need to sign Seve on the back of this" - absolute tosh

Ooft! Fight fight fight ;)

Chill out retard.

Retard... from the guy with a huns username...

I never said that about Seve. I want us to re-sign Seve anyway, but I said it became crucial if this was true.

A wee tip, just read the words that are actually on the page.