Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hearts v Aberdeen

WTF re your comment on Tommy Wright?!, he was shite shite shite!.

I personally thought we seemed to attack a bit more when Wright came on. He just got into there faces when he went on, which none of the other members of the squad seem to have the balls to do, and we seemed to have a bit more fight in us. He should of done better when the ball was caught up in his feet in front of goal even though he was offside.

In his defence, when he won it in the air he generally got the ball to one of his own, get him match fit and then we can judge him better.

I thought we looked more purposeful when Wright came on and started to challenge more in the final third although I'm not certain that was entirely down to his introduction. He looked very uncomfortable around the ball but I think you are right, he was seriously lacking something in terms of match fitness/practice or confidence yesterday.

I thought we looked more purposeful when Wright came on and started to challenge more in the final third although I'm not certain that was entirely down to his introduction. He looked very uncomfortable around the ball but I think you are right, he was seriously lacking something in terms of match fitness/practice or confidence yesterday.

From the radio, it certainly sounded like we started to attack or even get a mention on the radio after Wright came on. I wouldn't be surprised by his lack of confidence since he's been out for months. Hopefully it'll grow in weeks to come and we'll see if we have a player or not.

From the radio, it certainly sounded like we started to attack or even get a mention on the radio after Wright came on. I wouldn't be surprised by his lack of confidence since he's been out for months. Hopefully it'll grow in weeks to come and we'll see if we have a player or not.

The (long awaited) re-jig of the team and bringing on Considine and Maguire prior to Wright coming on had a positive effect. Wright did get stuck in and was pulling shirts etc, but he had two chances (including the one which would have been offside) and did nothing. Maguire on the other hand had a great strike and was unlucky it hit the post.

Wright added some bite that we lacked, jambo player had a wee go at tommy but quckly backd down, Wright also got in about robbie the tramp just a pity he was poor at everything else.

I mised Maguires' "wonderful moment" which I am not bothered about, just annoyed we never attacked more in the first and second half, hearts are shite.

Was on livechat for the game, sounded like we had a brilliant start to the game and were having a good go at hearts, Mackie scores a belter then the commentator says calderwood is giving instructions to his players and i knew we were fucked.

Everyone was saying the same thing, why change something that is working :(

Just watched the highlights, what a finish from Mackie! Maguire was very unlucky as well, and followed it up with a great pass that (despite being offside) Wright should have finished, but hopefully that will come with match fitness. What the hell Mulgrew was doing for the second goal I will never know, have they never heard play to the whistle?!?

I was under the impression we'd switched to 2-4-4 at some point in the second half?  (perhaps too late?)

It certainly sounded like it, Bugle was on full blast! Shame it didn't pay off.

I was under the impression we'd switched to 2-4-4 at some point in the second half?  (perhaps too late?)

Correct  :thumbsup:

Players must deal with crucial periods in game and not switch off

By Jimmy Calderwood

Published: 16/02/2009

WE HAVE been very disappointed with our away form in the past few weeks, but we started the game very well.

Hearts are a good side, with a very strong midfield, but we were on top in those early stages.

We passed them off the park and we managed to get a wonderful goal.

It was great vision from Charlie Mulgrew. He put it on a sixpence for Darren Mackie and it was a finish fit to win any game.

We have got the youngest team in the SPL and the players switched off. We never got a grip of the game from then until half-time. Our passing got sloppy.

They got their goal following a contentious throw-in award but they still had 90 yards to go and we managed to concede a goal 30 seconds before the break.

It gave the whole stadium a lift. Up until then it had been strangely quiet for Tynecastle, but they came out in the second half and for the first 20 minutes we struggled.

I thought we were defending fairly well but it was a stupid goal to concede.

Charlie was in the wrong starting position and was ball watching which allowed Andrew Driver to get in at the back post.

We did not have ideal training facilities last week with the weather and a few of the players looked tired.

We tried to freshen things up a bit with a couple of substitutions and went 2-4-4.

They threatened on the counter-attack but we were unlucky with Chris Maguire's effort hitting the post. That is football.

I am usually raging after a defeat but I am more disappointed this time.

We have a young team but the players have to learn how to deal with crucial times of the game.

There is a long way to go in the race for third.

I thought THE WHOLE midfield four of Young, Kerr, Vidal and Duff were ABSOLUTELY GASH!!!  Poorest selection I`ve seen for this area of the field for a very, very, long time.  They showed no bite or ability to impose themselves on the game or any other match whatsoever.  Think we need a massive upheavel in each of these positions to be honest.  Why have we never had two tricky wee wingers for ages? 

I thought THE WHOLE midfield four of Young, Kerr, Vidal and Duff were ABSOLUTELY GASH!!!  Poorest selection I`ve seen for this area of the field for a very, very, long time.  They showed no bite or ability to impose themselves on the game or any other match whatsoever.  Think we need a massive upheavel in each of these positions to be honest.  Why have we never had two tricky wee wingers for ages?   

Kerr was far from 'absolutely gash' SeeBass. A contender for MOTM

Ladette,

That`s what opinions are all about....suppose we`ll just have to agree to disagree eh?  I`ve never been a fan of Mark`s and don`t think I ever will be.  What he did in your eyes to warrant being a MOTM contender I`ll never know.  It seemed whenever he had the ball he either lost it or passed it backwards.