Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

JC: 9 wins out of 14 and we're in Europe

It was a sign of better times, a time when we all enjoyed fitba, when doings a-plenty marked our season, ah, halcyon days.

I'll take this fight for 3rd any day over the "should've been relegated, but for the league expanding" fiasco that was the 1999/2000 season.

Season before that (I think) we beat Hearts but not by enough of a margin to get into Europe.

Don't think that was the season before, tbh. But I do remember that season. It was the end of the season before Hearts became a Lithiuanian team. Hearts couldn't get into Europe. Hibs could if they drew with Rangers on the final day at Fester Road. Even if they lost, it would take Aberdeen to win against Hearts by 6 or more goals to overtake Hibs.

Rangers and Hibs were drawing and really couldn't be bothered playing, as the result suited both of them. Aberdeen, meanwhile, were trying their best to beat a Hearts team who were almost willfully passing the ball to Aberdeen players. But we just couldnae score enough goals.

Then it was all over when Scott McDonald scored two at Motherwell against Celtic to hand the title to Rangers. What a weird weird final day of the season that was.

Rangers in dramatic title triumph

FT Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts

Match report

FT Hibernian 0-1 Rangers

Match report

FT Motherwell 2-1 Celtic

Match report

That was the day Aberdeen fans were singing Lee Miller's name through-out the game as we were under the impression he was going to sign for us that summer.

We needed to win by five if the Hibs score stayed at 1-0, we absolutely battered Hearts, although it was to no avail.