Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Mark McGhee - future Aberdeen manager?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hasn't left many jobs without getting sacked sadly, comes across really well but his record isn't very good at all.

It really depends which way you interpret it. For instance, LondonScottish thinks his managerial record is excellent, given the circumstances.

He can certainly express himself well, or perhaps that it just in comparison to our current manager. However, eloquence is not a good enough reason to give him a job. No from me.

It really depends which way you interpret it. For instance, LondonScottish thinks his managerial record is excellent, given the circumstances.

He can certainly express himself well, or perhaps that it just in comparison to our current manager. However, eloquence is not a good enough reason to give him a job. No from me.

His record is far from excellent even allowing for the "circumstances" and being (in my opinion at least) very eloquent is, as you say Harcus, nowhere near enough.

No. I wasn't alive in the 80s so it doesn't really matter to me if he played for us then or not. Also he's supposed to be a complete cunt.

So it doesn't matter to you if we won the ECWC or not, Andrew?  I find that really hard to believe, and Mark McGhee was a fucking huge reason we won that tournament.

Either way....

out of all the fucking awful posts you've had on this forum, that is the fucking worst.  I hope your next shite's a hedgehog.

So it doesn't matter to you if we won the ECWC or not, Andrew?  I find that really hard to believe, and Mark McGhee was a fucking huge reason we won that tournament.

Either way....

out of all the fucking awful posts you've had on this forum, that is the fucking worst.  I hope your next shite's a hedgehog.

You're in a good mood then.................. smiley-scared003.gif

I'm in a fine mood, thanks. Is there anything I said there that was incorrect?

Well the young lad never said he wasn't glad we won the cup winners cup, or that Mark McGhee important plarer in that team.

I read his post as he wouldn't like him as manager, he doesn't have any sentimentality towards him as he wasn't born when he was around and that he heard that McGee was a cunt.

Obviously this grated with you as you

voted yes cos ... well, I'm a sentimental old fool, basically.

and the tone was generally a bit ott.

We would all love for an ex-legend to come and manage the team, but the young lad is right we have to leave sentimentality at the door. If not why not just get John Hewitt off the after dinner circuit and get him in as manger  :thumbsup:

Well the young lad never said he wasn't glad we won the cup winners cup, or that Mark McGhee important plarer in that team.

I read his post as he wouldn't like him as manager, he doesn't have any sentimentality towards him as he wasn't born when he was around and that he heard that McGee was a cunt.

Obviously this grated with you as you and the tone was generally a bit ott.

We would all love for an ex-legend to come and manage the team, but the young lad is right we have to leave sentimentality at the door. If not why not just get John Hewitt off the after dinner circuit and get him in as manger  :thumbsup:

fair enough, apologies Andrew.

And Mizer, obviously...

Its ok BB. I was just trying to make the point, not very well it seems, that with Mark McGhee playing in the 80s when you and others were young and impressionable boys you would favour him. I, as already stated, wasn't alive during that period so in my opinion I don't think he would be good for the job,, Aberdeen legend or not.

But I will carry on posting fucking awful posts and you will carry on keeping the EPL threads alive.   :thumbsup:

P.S Thank you Mizer as well.

Its ok BB. I was just trying to make the point, not very well it seems, that with Mark McGhee playing in the 80s when you and others were young and impressionable boys you would favour him. I, as already stated, wasn't alive during that period so in my opinion I don't think he is would be good for the job. Aberdeen legend or not.

But I will carry on posting fucking awful posts and you will carry on keeping the EPL threads alive.   :thumbsup:

Good man, Andrew. 

I can honestly see why people wouldn't want him, I'm not overly convinced he would be the "right man" if there is such a thing, the one thing that always sticks in my mind with him is last season he was doing a Setanta game at Pittodrie, and he said he was disappointed that JC was aiming for a top six finish. He was saying that Aberdeen should always aim for the top, and added to his comments about saying his Motherwell side were out the title race in Feb or march impressed me simply because he wasn't willing just to settle for a top six finish or settling to be in contention for third.

None of that of course means he'd do a good job for us, but I think we have to have someone in charge who aims for the sky. I'm not knocking JC by saying that, but I do sometimes think having the OF here gives him a convenient and ready excuse for not pushing on.  All that said, I wouldn't want JC to leave us at the minute at all.