Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Mackie deserves a Dons tribute

Seriously?  He's credited as being a major part in the development of McLeish, Miller, Hewitt, Simpson, Cooper and Black. He also had a major hand in the coaching of Brian Grant, David Robertson, Eoin Jess and Scott Booth.

He was the one that suggested Willie Miller be moved from the striker role to defence.

But apart from Mcleish, Miller, Hewitt Simpson, Cooper and Black, Brian Grant, David Robertson, Eoin Jess and Scott Booth  what has Teddy Scott ever done for us???

He was the one that suggested Willie Miller be moved from the striker role to defence.

But apart from Mcleish, Miller, Hewitt Simpson, Cooper and Black, Brian Grant, David Robertson, Eoin Jess and Scott Booth  what has Teddy Scott ever done for us???

Once played for us, and has coached our youth team, our reserves, our first team, been our kit man, our main scout, and was so good at his job that Alex Ferguson promised to come back and play a testimonial for him.

As an aside to your Willie Miller story, and obviously not as major a call, but Brian Grant had broken his leg not long after signing for us, an when he came back to play Teddy Scott thought he needed "a bit of a change" so played him up front for the reserves. He scored something like 9 in 6, and he got promoted to the first team as a midfielder/striker and was in and about the first team ever after. And look how good a player he was for us? Fucking brilliant.

Once played for us, and has coached our youth team, our reserves, our first team, been our kit man, our main scout, and was so good at his job that Alex Ferguson promised to come back and play a testimonial for him.

As an aside to your Willie Miller story, and obviously not as major a call, but Brian Grant had broken his leg not long after signing for us, an when he came back to play Teddy Scott thought he needed "a bit of a change" so played him up front for the reserves. He scored something like 9 in 6, and he got promoted to the first team as a midfielder/striker and was in and about the first team ever after. And look how good a player he was for us? Fucking brilliant.

When he was still  at the club he was the 1st person ex players who came back to play against us went to visit. And for Fergie to bring a strong Man Utd side to his testimonial shows how much Fergie thought of him.

Been to a few testimonials over the years when in my youth thinking great player loyal to club etc deserves it

but as time passes and you get older than the players you watch you realise how much they earn a week ,

most of them set for life and then asked to give them more money BOLLOCKS to that . Mackie is an average football

player who is in the comfort zone living his dream playing for his home team good luck to him but i will not be lining his

pockets with more gold no thanks p.s been with same building company for 10 yrs in aug wonder what ill get? ::)

The 'Red Army' still is No.12

As for Mackie, he's been at Pittodrie as long as I have! I doubt i'd recegnise a squad list without his name on it. He definately deserves one, and i'll be there, even if it's against Locos on a rainy Monday night in Inverurie. He's never been the greatest player, but his head & heart are both in the right place, and how many else can say that in out starting XI??

hope my head and heart is in the right place wait till i check oh i there there used  to be fit playin fitba could run aboot doin fuck all like mackie not scorin goals like mackie

I wouldnt go to a darren mackie testimonial if you actually paid me to go,yes he did score the winning goal in dnipro but thats what he is PAID to do.

I seriously cant understand the guys that come on here and back him up,are you watching the games?

Are you watching the terrible first touch

Are you watching the ratio of missed chance compared to goals? ie. last min against rangers and yesterday against falkirk

No you guys are watching the loser run,YEAH he can run about like a headless chicken but so can my 5 year old nephew.

MACKIE AND FOSTER OUT NOW

• 2 years later...