Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Tough one and I've changed my mind on it everytime I've seen it. Was it a red by the rules and relative to other decisions nowadays? Yes. Should a tackle like that be a red card offence in football? Dunno.

If he goes in like that and misses the ball and takes the player it's a red and nobody is complaining. He got the ball but you still have to say it was a dangerous tackle.

I really hope this doesnt suddenly turn into a 3-0 man united because of that. Not blaming the ref, im blaming FIFA, UEFA.

Looks like you could be right! Though I disagree, I thought it was a red card myself. If that had been a tackle against an Aberdeen player, I'd be raging.

Looks like you could be right! Though I disagree, I thought it was a red card myself. If that had been a tackle against an Aberdeen player, I'd be raging.

Why?  ??? Fucking hell. I've seen a million far worse tackles that have been yellows, just fouls or even less.

It was a tackle that was meant to stop the ball which it did. It wasn't overly hard or a lunge. It wasn't over the top of the ball and his feet weren't together. It was only with his right leg that he made the tackle. His left leg was there but out of the way. If he'd bent his left knee so that his foot was further away he wouldn't even have given a foul away but it wouldn't have been any less dangerous. If he had made contact with Nani he would've been tripped up I dare say but I can't see where the danger was? ??? Giggs' tackle shortly after wasn't "dangerous" either (albeit a definite foul) but it was no more "dangerous" than Kompany's. If players are getting sent off for that then this game is really turning to shite. If that's a rule then we have to let refs apply common sense. It effectively ended City's hopes although as a neutral the game was still a spectacle.

Why?  ??? Fucking hell. I've seen a million far worse tackles that have been yellows, just fouls or even less.

It was a tackle that was meant to stop the ball which it did. It wasn't overly hard or a lunge. It wasn't over the top of the ball and his feet weren't together. It was only with his right leg that he made the tackle. His left leg was there but out of the way. If he'd bent his left knee so that his foot was further away he wouldn't even have given a foul away but it wouldn't have been any less dangerous. If he had made contact with Nani he would've been tripped up I dare say but I can't see where the danger was? ??? Giggs' tackle shortly after wasn't "dangerous" either (albeit a definite foul) but it was no more "dangerous" than Kompany's. If players are getting sent off for that then this game is really turning to shite. If that's a rule then we have to let refs apply common sense. It effectively ended City's hopes although as a neutral the game was still a spectacle.

I've seen worse tackles, but it was two footed with the studs showing. I still maintain if that had been against one of our own, i'd be livid and screaming blue murder! Granted, it wasn't far off the ground but it's a daft tackle to make given the playing conditions.

Screaming blue murder? Really? Naisy's was a million times worse than that. Was a foul even given? Can't honestly remember but not even a booking. Granted the ref would probably admit he got that one wrong.

Surely two footed is only dangerous if the feet are together? If the feet are apart how is it different to a one footed tackle? His left leg was way out of the way. Sorry.. If that's a red card (or even a foul) then the rules need changing IMO my opinion.

Not quite how id describe it ;) Liverpool playing some good football but city haven't turned up. Look completely lost without kompany / Silva / toure.

I thought it was interesting, not particularly entertaining but interesting nonetheless.  Savic looked to be a very poor defender.  Hansen has been saying for the past few months that Kompany is the key man at city and he looks to be right if last night is any indication.

The tackle by Johnson was a red every day of the week and it's newsworthy based on what happened last week.

You can't be claiming anti Liverpool bias on the BBC.

??? You said that, not me! And I don't disagree with it being news worthy (especially now that I've seen it) but it's not more news worthy than the game itself.

Agree with your choice of card though. That is indeed a shocker and a hundred times worse than the one Kompany was sent off for.

??? You said that, not me! And I don't disagree with it being news worthy (especially now that I've seen it) but it's not more news worthy than the game itself.

Agree with your choice of card though. That is indeed a shocker and a hundred times worse than the one Kompany was sent off for.

Wasn't being a rocket, I just assumed you were critisizing the BBC for an anti Liverpool stance in your last post, my mistake.

The ref didn't even give a foul and that's where I have sympathy for Kompany, even though I thought his was a red card as well.