Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Just back fae the East Stirling v Buckie Thistle game where shire won with a late winner. Buckie were the better team all first half then got a sending off for Murray hitting his team mate just seconds before half time, what a neep! Buckie were as good as shire until 80 mins even thought they were a man down but the extra man showed and in 88mins the Buckie keeper slid on the frozen artificial surface into a defender and dropped the ball at the feet of a shire player and that was it. Large Buckie crowd down, easily outnumbering the home fans.

Almost fourthed. I don't want Hearts to win it though, bad enough putting up with elitist OF fans without having to do so with Hearts too (they are bad enough with the season they split the OF).

Despite my general dislike for Hearts this has faded a fair bit since Romanov has taken a somewhat back-step and the press stories are more about hearts current run of form. (10 wins and 1 draw in their last 11 games including wins over Rangers and Celtic which is like Arsenal’s form all those years ago when they snatched the title from Man United) We all complain about the boredom of the SPL in that it’s always the old firm but at the same time there are a fair few who are happy with the status quo because as you say we could not stand hearts (or any other Non OF teams) fans bragging about it. I used to share this point of view but forget league reconstruction, for the good of our game someone someday has to fuck up the Glasgow two and on current form Hearts have as good a chance as we did back in 1991 and with a Scottish Manager too. A season in which both OF teams miss out on Champion’s league money and have to survive Europa League Qualifiers will do the world of good……and it would really piss off Neil Lennon!

Season 2010/11 results

SPL Champions – Heart of Midlothian

CIS Cup winners – Aberdeen or Motherwell

Scottish Cup Winners – Aberdeen

I’d take that and the hand that passed it to me

has to fuck up the Glasgow two and on current form Hearts have as good a chance as we did back in 1991 and with a Scottish Manager too.

:-\  In 1991 we weren't in the process of fucking up the Glasgow two though. Everyone knew at the start of the season that Aberdeen were strong contenders and the huns were only slight favourites over us for the title. Celtic, despite getting Charlie back and signing John Collins and... er... Martin Hayes, couldn't hold a candle to our squad as we were superior in every department.

Having watched yesterday's second half, I was not impressed with Hearts at all. I laughed when they scored through a mixture of them stealing it basically and the huns going behind, but they're a loathsome club and I don't get how any Dons fan can gain satisfaction from them being up there. I'd almost go as far to say I'd prefer it to be Dundee United and that's saying something.