Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

If they could be persauded to let them go then would think that we should make an offer for Cowie and Black from Inverness. Also still think we (along with near enough everyone else in the league) need an out and out goal scorer. Keeper would also be nice as Bossu frightens me.

Sure I read somewhere that they had both refused to sign new contracts and were tipped to start talking to clubs in January. Could be wrong, I'm rubbish at this transfer gossip horseshit.

EDIT: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/04/SPL-Bennett-on-contracts/gnid-30081/

Fraser and Black KB'd deals but Cowie still to 'get back to them'

don't you just wish JC would come on to here and talk about transfers just once?

I know all the reasons why not but it would be a fun thread.

I'd imagine it goes a lot like this:

"Hello, it's Jimmy Calderwood from AFC, we're interested in a couple of your players".

"Oh really, which ones would that be?"

"Emm, any that are coming to the end of their contracts."

"Well we've got Davie and Robo we're looking to cash in on, they've only 6 months left".

"Ehhhh, we're looking for players who are out of contract and are free to talk to".

"You can get Davie and Robo for sweeties, nominal fee, poke o' chips".

"Forget those two, anyone else?"

"Well we've got Wee Craigie who isn't getting a game, but he's a funny guy and Thomo who I've never seen play because he's always injured".

"Sounds good, we'll take 'em!  Anyone else?"

"Aye, there's Goggsy but you wouldn't want him, he's shite, in fact he was playing keepie-uppie at a family barbeque recently, miscontrolled the ball and then sparked out his Dad's old dear".

"Kicked his Granny?"

"I know, shocking isn't it?"

"Bingo!"

"What?"

"Tell all three I'll be in touch!"

I'd imagine it goes a lot like this:

"Hello, it's Jimmy Calderwood from AFC, we're interested in a couple of your players".

"Oh really, which ones would that be?"

"Emm, any that are coming to the end of their contracts."

"Well we've got Davie and Robo we're looking to cash in on, they've only 6 months left".

"Ehhhh, we're looking for players who are out of contract and are free to talk to".

"You can get Davie and Robo for sweeties, nominal fee, poke o' chips".

"Forget those two, anyone else?"

"Well we've got Wee Craigie who isn't getting a game, but he's a funny guy and Thomo who I've never seen play because he's always injured".

"Sounds good, we'll take 'em!  Anyone else?"

"Aye, there's Goggsy but you wouldn't want him, he's shite, in fact he was playing keepie-uppie at a family barbeque recently, miscontrolled the ball and then sparked out his Dad's old dear".

"Kicked his Granny?"

"I know, shocking isn't it?"

"Bingo!"

"What?"

"Tell all three I'll be in touch!"

:lolabove: :lolabove:

from BBC Sport

Meanwhile, Calderwood has ruled out bringing former Dons striker Eugene Dadi back to the club on loan next month.

Dadi, 35, claimed on Tuesday that he would jump at the chance to return from Australian A-League side Perth Glory.

"Strikers who can act as target men are not an area I am really looking to strengthen," said Calderwood.

Anyone else heard about this? 

Meanwhile, Calderwood has ruled out bringing former Dons striker Eugene Dadi back to the club on loan next month.

Dadi, 35, claimed on Tuesday that he would jump at the chance to return from Australian A-League side Perth Glory.

"Strikers who can act as target men are not an area I am really looking to strengthen," said Calderwood.

Thank fuck for that. I watched Perth Glory on the tele a few weeks ago. I think they played Adelaide, but I could be wrong. Dadi scored the only goal of the game. Same old tricks. Went down like a ton of bricks in the box when there was no contact. Up stepped Eugene and netted from the spot. That was about 15 minutes into the game or so. For the remaining 75 minutes, he just stood on the half way line doing absolutely fuck all. Somehow he got the "Man Of The Match" award, which really goes to show just how shit the football in Aussie is.