Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Motherwell

"The Motherwell result last weekend was a surprise. Take nothing away from Hibs. It looked like Motherwell lost a bit of confidence from the report I got but Mark McGhee and Scott Leitch are both winners and they will be hurting and we can expect a backlash this week so we are going to have to be on the top of our game.

"Any team that comes to Pittodrie knows they are going to have to defend, including Celtic and Rangers, because everyone still sees this as a very difficult venue so any team coming here lacking a bit of confidence we have to try and take advantage of, but we go into this game knowing that they are a very good team, one who have not been having the best of luck at the moment.They have a very strong side and we know the likes of Porter are going to very dangerous. I think Mark will most likely come out attacking on Saturday, which is unlike some teams when they come to Pittodrie, and this will make for a decent game."

Motherwell had a bad result last weekend and their manager was pretty angry about it in the press afterwards, so I'd expect there to be some kind of reaction from them on Saturday. They had a great season last time but as we found out, doing it again the following season is tough, although we had the extra games because of going so far in the UEFA Cup.

I'm a bit like a broken record saying this, but there's still nothing between most of the teams in the SPL, so three points would be very significant for us. Let's hope we can make it a hat-trick of wins at Pittodrie.

"The division really is so close and everybody can beat everybody else, it's very unpredictable. That makes Saturday another big one for us, and one we need to win. Our home form has not been the best this season compared with our away form and you look at the table and you think just what we might have done had we got a couple more wins here. If we could put a run of two or three wins together, you're looking at the top four again, so we need to turn it round at Pittodrie and build on the two wins we've just had here.

"Beating Kilmarnock and St Mirren was important because your home games need to be your bankers really if you like, they need to be the base for everything and then if you get points away from here, it's a bonus. Hopefully we've put the bad home results behind us and we can move on from there. All of us know how tight it is and we're confident we will be up there when it matters, at the end of the season."

Come on ewe reds

:ultras:

Remember and do the predictors too folks

http://www.thedandies.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?board=3.0

He WILL score today  :thumbsup:

Also a chance today to close the gap on the Huns and 2nd place  ;)

I genuinely hope he does, just beggars belief.

How and ever,

COME ON YE REDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Just in.

First half was abysmal.

Second half was very good, we played some great stuff.  It was rather entertaining!  :thumbsup:

Kerr, Miller, Aluko all had great games.

Can somebody explain why JDV was boo'd when he came on?  ::)  I thought he did really well, always looking for the ball, playing some clever passes and putting in a decent cross that lead to the penalty.

Didn't hear any boos for JDV but he was good when he came on, he's got to start ahead of Young next week. Kerr was excellent, really showed up Severin. We need to persist with the Kerr McDonald midfield partnership that wasn't too effective at the start of the season, now that they're settled, it might work.

Mackie's effort in the first half was utterly pathetic on the other hand, no new contract for him please.

Didn't hear any boos for JDV but he was good when he came on, he's got to start ahead of Young next week. Kerr was excellent, really showed up Severin. We need to persist with the Kerr McDonald midfield partnership that wasn't too effective at the start of the season, now that they're settled, it might work.

Agree with all this.  JDV definitely needs the opportunity to prove he's worth a new contract.

still drunk? I'm affshore ya donkey!!!

I can be overly optimistic because I don't see us playing shit - I just see scoreline and the 3 points on the board.  :thumbsup:

Listening to redTV commentary helps give you a thoroughly unbiased outlook on events too  8)

Haha I'd forgotten about that. Nevertheless, glad to see you can keep perspective of these events  :thumbsup:

A few folk on Mad are calling/debating whether or not Kerr should be given the captaincy!  :o Some turn around after most people had written him off at the start of the season. Does this mean Jimmy C can get the best out of players? Shirley not ;)

MacDonald was also getting stick earlier in season I think... and he got a cheeky wee goal for us yesterday.  8)

Who hit the cross bar?

We just need Tommy Wright to recover and push his way back into the squad and we'll be unstoppable  :thumbsup:

Not sure, I missed that part! But yeah, MacDonald is Nicholson's replacement. Said it after seeing him play and I've stood by it, just needs time to settle in and it would appear he is doing so. We always have been slow starters ;)

Will Tommy Wright be like a new signing?  :P

Just seen the highlights on the beeb site, what a joke the worst highlights shown this season so far. >:D

The St Midden - Ushited game is worth catchin just to see Wyness' miss!! :o :o

The peer cunt hasn't scored for over a year and yet to score at all for the Midden! :o

How ushited won that game i'll never know!