Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pittodire Pitch to be ruined?

At least we're gettin a nice wee sum fae the SRU for hosting matches at Pittodrie. Interesting to see that Pittodrie appears to have become Scotland's base when they're playing a non-Murrayfield home match. It's good for retaining a bit of faith with the north-east rugby fans. Cos lets face it, rugby's a bit of a dying sport up in the north-east

At least we're gettin a nice wee sum fae the SRU for hosting matches at Pittodrie. Interesting to see that Pittodrie appears to have become Scotland's base when they're playing a non-Murrayfield home match. It's good for retaining a bit of faith with the north-east rugby fans. Cos lets face it, rugby's a bit of a dying sport up in the north-east

That's probably the only upside, we're getting money.

Probably be a very good crowd too.

Guest fatshaft

Always seems to be a sell-out for Scottish rugby matches at Pittodrie. Gets a bigger crowd than when the Old Worm arrives up north

That's really sad considering it's not even a rugby town, although rarity value will at least account for some of that. Pretty sure if the glory hunters of the north east had grown up as Dons instead of cunts, Pittodrie could sell out most weeks.

That's really sad considering it's not even a rugby town, although rarity value will at least account for some of that. Pretty sure if the glory hunters of the north east had grown up as Dons instead of cunts, Pittodrie could sell out most weeks.

20,000 at Pittodrie for a Rugby Friendly match vs Canada, in a city with no professional rugby side.

32,000 at Hampden for a Football Friendly match vs Argentina, in a city with two of the biggest club sides in the world, pulling 110,000 to their home matches between them ::)

Guest fatshaft

20,000 at Pittodrie for a Rugby Friendly match vs Canada, in a city with no professional rugby side.

32,000 at Hampden for a Football Friendly match vs Argentina, in a city with two of the biggest club sides in the world, pulling 110,000 to their home matches between them ::)

Rarity value though GS. I well remember when AFC first got U-21 friendlies back in the 80s, getting a ticket was quite an achievement. Try getting a ticket for the next meaningfull international and you'll have a tough job. I'm in the Scotland games are bigger than club games camp, but friendlies are a total waste of space, and I don;t blame anyone for not showing up for them. That said I was still surprised at the lack of interest, if I'd known it would be  so easy to get tickets I'd have got the day off and taken son-of to the game.

exactly the opposite, when i was a kid no-one i knew was interested in rugby, i knew of no rugby teams at all in the area.  there's now a couple of succesful rugby teams up here and plenty of people talk about the game, i would say it was on the up.  shit game like.

professional and the words rugby and scotland rarely go together.

It's not really a professional sport in Scotland is it? Hardly a good yardstick then.

(As most of the clubs in Scotland are non-professional)

It's kinda like saying - 20,000 people to watch a fireworks display in Duthie park, in a city with no fireworks factory.

Pitch looks alright to me some 48 hours onward. Doesn't look like it took too much of a beating. Judging by the stroll in the park that Scotland had against Canada, I don't think there was really any justification for the park to be messed up in any way.

Excellent. Tidy sum of money coming the way of AFC for doing jackshit.

Pitch looks alright to me some 48 hours onward. Doesn't look like it took too much of a beating.

I think the webcam may be making it look better than it is. From the highlights I saw on the telly of the game, quite a few divots were coming out. At least it will keep the ground staff busy.