Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Calderwood: I’m sick of seeing Dons at bottom of table

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/885541

Jimmy Calderwood hopes almost two weeks of looking at the Scottish Premier League table and seeing Aberdeen’s name at the bottom of it will have a galvanising effect on his players.

The Dons manager admits he has thought of little else during the international break and believes his players will be desperate to address the issue at Falkirk on Saturday as they bid to snap their five-game losing streak. He said: “Being bottom of the league does not make for good reading and it is a new experience for me. Time will tell if the international break came at a good time for us but, certainly, I wish we could have played straight away after the Hibs game.

“Every time you look at a paper or see the table on the TV it hurts and it is certainly not doing me any favours. It’s not an experience I want to have for too long and, hopefully, we can get a win on Saturday and get away from there.â€

Calderwood insists the mood within the camp at Pittodrie is good despite recent results and believes a little bit of good fortune will go a long way to getting the club heading up the table again.

He said: “The morale within the dressing-room is good and I can’t question the players’ commitment.

“The players here are not the sort who go into a shell when things are not going well, but they just need the break of a victory and I am sure they will be fine. No one is going to feel sorry for us, though. We have to win our games again.

“On the ball, we haven’t created too many chances, but we have scored four goals in our last two away games. Unfortunately, we conceded too many and lost both games but we are playing a lot better than the start of the season.

“I don’t think we played that badly against Hibs but we didn’t get the rub of the green with the sending-off and the penalty. It’s that sort of fortune we need.

“I would be more worried if the performance levels had dropped, but they haven’t.â€

With Jamie Smith resuming full training yesterday the Dons manager has a fully fit squad at his disposal.

The former Celtic winger will not start on Saturday but he may be involved at some stage if he can prove his fitness this week.

Calderwood said: “Everybody is fit and raring to go.

“Jamie Smith won’t be risked in the reserve game against Celtic this week. He looked very sharp in training and is a fit lad but Saturday will probably come too soon for him. He may make the bench but he will definitely be available for the game at Hearts next week.â€

Get it fuckin sorted then  :hammer:

Jamie Smith won’t be risked in the reserve game against Celtic this week. He looked very sharp in training and is a fit lad but Saturday will probably come too soon for him. He may make the bench but he will definitely be available for the game at Hearts next week.â€

Eh? This is the same Jamie Smith we're thinking of here?

Guest swaddon

Eh? This is the same Jamie Smith we're thinking of here?

Maybe he funcies him.

If he doesn't like looking at the table and seeing us bottom, then either turn the paper upside down or stop looking at the table.