Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

How long will We give JC?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't particularly want him to go. Getting rid of managers has been a blight on AFC for years. He has proven he is a good manager in the past but his seeming inactivity with respect to the defence could very well tip me over the edge to wanting him got shot of.

The alternatives to Calderwood are not very apparent though and as I said, he has proven he is a good manager and I don't buy into this shelf life bollocks. I am confident he will shake us out of this slump but I don't expect our notoriously twitchy and generally moaning faced support to give him the time necessary.

The next three games are going to be interesting. Hibs at home (on a three win spell prior to todays game v the huns) then the international break, then Falkirk away where the on form Lovell will be out to prove a point to Jimmy, then Hearts away.

Next home game is in November, not winning at home until November will be reminiscent of the Ebbe era and that game is v the team that put 4 past us last week.

lets be realistic here, since jimmy came in we haven't been outside the top 6 had a good run in the uefa cup, etc. before jimmy it was relegation battling, and staying in the top flight on technicalities!

yeah we've had a bad start to the season but demanding that jimmy leaves is going to take us straight back to the dark old days. With the way some sections of the aberden support get behind the players and the management team we'd be lucky to get anyone wanting to replace jimmy anyway.

One thousand more punters through the gate on average (paying full price) would justify the money to get rid of jimmy( he cant be on much more than 150-250K).

How much we would need to pay to get another guy in, it could be the same price again.

Could we get 2 thousand more fans coming back each week?

our crowds are on course to be on average 2000 less this season than the season he arrived

our crowds are on course to be on average 2000 less this season than the season he arrived

I would be hugely surprised if our average attendance this year was 8000ish.

Calderwood was appointed on 28th May 2004.

Average AFC attendance (SPL games only):

2000-2001 12,403

2001-2002 14,035

2002-2003 11,774

2003-2004 10,389 - season before Calderwood arrived

2004-2005 13,576

2005-2006 12,727

2006-2007 12,475

2007-2008 11,993

2008-2009 12,763 - so far

I would be hugely surprised if our average attendance this year was 8000ish.

Calderwood was appointed on 28th May 2004.

Average AFC attendance (SPL games only):

2000-2001 12,403

2001-2002 14,035

2002-2003 11,774

2003-2004 10,389 - season before Calderwood arrived

2004-2005 13,576 - SEASON I'M TALKING ABOUT :thumbsup:

2005-2006 12,727

2006-2007 12,475

2007-2008 11,993

2008-2009 12,763 - so far

lets be realistic here, since jimmy came in we haven't been outside the top 6 had a good run in the uefa cup, etc. before jimmy it was relegation battling, and staying in the top flight on technicalities!

yeah we've had a bad start to the season but demanding that jimmy leaves is going to take us straight back to the dark old days. With the way some sections of the aberden support get behind the players and the management team we'd be lucky to get anyone wanting to replace jimmy anyway.

And cup finals.

If he would let the players stick to a position for more than one game and let them settle as a team.

This moving them around all the time doesn't confuse the opposition any more it just makes them laugh

'cause our lads never know who is doing what and when they are going to do it.

How many times does the ball fly down the wing and get kicked into the box with no one waiting for it.

I think he has just lost the plot.

Maybe if he went away for a wee while to top up his tan and let the other Jimmy in for a couple of weeks.

And cup finals.

Did we win them? Remember during that year (or was it previous or after) we finished last. We got pumped in both finals for one simple reason, Ebbe was pish. Now JC has come and we've had the most successful Euro run since the 80's and gradually picked ourselves up to where we should really be. We can't compete for the title, money talks and Aberdeen don't have enough of it. Why do you think we have to bring in a free transfer or two every season and lose out on our top players ie Russ. Personally better with the devil you know. Who would we bring in? Reallistically McGhee? Collins? Kevin Keegan? <-- last one a joke.

I'm all for being realistic rather than the hysteria that has been seen on here in recent weeks.

However, I'm not in favour of this argument anymore. Just because we were subject to (and accepted) utter rubbish in terms of management and performances in a ten year period prior to JC arriving does not mean we should be 'grateful for what we have now'.

There has been a sizemic shift in Scottish football in the last 5 years as budgets are reigned in and player standards across the board have eroded in the face of financial crisis. A large number of SPL sides are now shopping in the basement and are unable to pay anything like the money they previously did. At the time when we were playing utter horse we were cutting costs out of line with most other teams. We are now, relatively speaking, better off than most with regard to available budgets and spending power.

My rather laboured point is that we should be expecting to be top 4 and semi-finalists minimum with our resource. If our manager is not able to do this then he is not utilising that resource as effectively as clubs who are poorer than us. The benchmark is not how we were 5 years ago, its how other clubs are now.

Lets stop thinking things are great because they were so utterly pish before.

I'm all for being realistic rather than the hysteria that has been seen on here in recent weeks.

However, I'm not in favour of this argument anymore. Just because we were subject to (and accepted) utter rubbish in terms of management and performances in a ten year period prior to JC arriving does not mean we should be 'grateful for what we have now'.

There has been a sizemic shift in Scottish football in the last 5 years as budgets are reigned in and player standards across the board have eroded in the face of financial crisis. A large number of SPL sides are now shopping in the basement and are unable to pay anything like the money they previously did. At the time when we were playing utter horse we were cutting costs out of line with most other teams. We are now, relatively speaking, better off than most with regard to available budgets and spending power.

My rather laboured point is that we should be expecting to be top 4 and semi-finalists minimum with our resource. If our manager is not able to do this then he is not utilising that resource as effectively as clubs who are poorer than us. The benchmark is not how we were 5 years ago, its how other clubs are now.

Lets stop thinking things are great because they were so utterly pish before.

:clap: :clap:

Guest fatshaft

There are rumours on another site that JC has 3 games to "turn things around" and that Billy Davies has been sounded out about the job.

and we're two games into the three already. Hence I voted '1'  :thumbsup: