Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I, thankfully, didn't go tonight. I quite frankly couldn't face it, but by all accounts Bossu put on a performance that wouldnae be accepted by my nephews under 10 team.

What is JC's justification for playing him?

He clearly doesn't think he is better than Langfield as he won't get near a league match.

So does he feel that the league cup is some how beneath us?

Does he feel that a team, lacking confidence, with a dodgy, ever changing defence would benefit from a change of keeper?

He didn't drop Mackie or Miller to give Wright a run out, so why make a similar change to give Bossu a run out?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't drop Mackie or Miller to give Wright a run out, so why make a similar change to give Bossu a run out?

Mackie didn't start on Saturday.

I think Calderwood (rightly or wrongly) always plays his 2nd choice keeper in the earlier rounds of the CIS cup.

And by all account the whole back 5 were appalling tonight, not just the keeper.

Mackie didn't start on Saturday.

I think Calderwood (rightly or wrongly) always plays his 2nd choice keeper in the earlier rounds of the CIS cup.

And by all account the whole back 5 were appalling tonight, not just the keeper.

why?

Is an away tie to Killie a suitable time to give your reserve keeper a run-out?

Yet another example of JC getting a stupid fucking idea in his head and then, when it is clearly insane, he is too stubborn to acknowledge this and make the easy, sensible decision. [see Severin, Scott]

I was under the impression that Leighton had a say on which keepers we brought in

(or did I miss hear it and it was actually Scott Calderwood who had a say?)

I alluded to this in another thread, I'd be amazed if Leighton did not have some sort of say in the signing of Bossu.

I've only seen Bossu once (Man U game) and I thought he was quite good (in comparison with Langfield anyway), but he's obviously not by the sounds of things.

Calderwood said we signed Bossu on the strength of Leighton's recommendation.

Looking at Bossu's CV, we all knew he was garbage.

Seeing him in action during pre season, we could all see he was garbage.

Playing him tonight was gross negligence on the part of the manager.

I see Celtic are signing an American goalkeeper as understudy to Boruc, might be worth making an approach for Mark Brown in January?

Think almost everyone bar Calderwood (and Leighton) could see from limited games that Bossu was completely gash and a liability.

I've said in another thread (and I actually know for a fact through a personal contact) that Leighton DOES NOT rate Bossu.  He was signed because it never affected the budget... he's on £400 a week.  That's why JC signed him, that was one of those "aye, fuck it, you'll do". The worst thing is that he then said "Big Jim Leighton is raving about him", when actually "big Jim Leighton" was saying "when is the fucking work experience retard kid going home?"

I've said in another thread (and I actually know for a fact through a personal contact) that Leighton DOES NOT rate Bossu.  He was signed because it never affected the budget... he's on £400 a week.  That's why JC signed him, that was one of those "aye, fuck it, you'll do". The worst thing is that he then said "Big Jim Leighton is raving about him", when actually "big Jim Leighton" was saying "when is the fucking work experience retard kid going home?"

So which is the bigger problem, JC signing somebody due to their wage demands being very small, or that the manager of the 3rd biggest club in Scotland is having to work with pittance due to 10+ years of financial mis-management of the club?

Cannot comment on tonight as was not there but every other time I have seen Bossu he has looked rank rotten. As Mizer said it was hilarious watching Leighton teaching him the correct stance for receiving a cross in Holland. My 12 year old nephew knows how to do that and he has only been playing as a keeper for about a year.

So which is the bigger problem, JC signing somebody due to their wage demands being very small, or that the manager of the 3rd biggest club in Scotland is having to work with pittance due to 10+ years of financial mis-management of the club?

He has by a margin the 4th highest wage budget in the country to work with.

Killie have a smaller budget and just tore us one did they not. Not sure you can point at the budget.

That's mis-representing the problem in a way.  The fact is that JC does not want to spend ANY of his budget on goalkeepers (and it is ENTIRELY down to JC as to how the budget is spent). He thinks he can get good ones cheaply. Anyone who has seen his goalkeeping signings can testify that's bollocks.  He had the chance to sign good goalkeepers this summer, he didn't because he wanted to keep his cash for a "big striker".  In fairness, Tommy Wright is quite a big striker...

The thing that frustrates me about him is that he is totally silent. A good defence has a vocal keeper behind them to keep them right. Langfield is good at sorting out the backline and shouting at people when he needs to. Bossu didn't speak all night!!

Also, he can't catch crosses, he spills every ball, and his positioning is bollocks!

Indeed, but we're still having to sign players "because it never affected the budget"  ???

Points to manager wasting his considerable budget elsewhere and overspending on high profile players on huge wages i.e. Lee Miller who was already on huge wage and got pay rise to persuade him to stay.  One of highest wage bills and one of (if not the) smallest first team sqauds in the league = bad management of that budget.

The thing that frustrates me about him is that he is totally silent. A good defence has a vocal keeper behind them to keep them right. Langfield is good at sorting out the backline and shouting at people when he needs to. Bossu didn't speak all night!!

Also, he can't catch crosses, he spills every ball, and his positioning is bollocks!

He was shouting to night, thats why Zander and Seve were so confused

A schmoke und a pancake. You know, a flapjack und a shigarette? No? Shigar und a waffle? No?

Baffled the fuck out of them!