Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sven Verdonck

Guest swaddon

Sven I started reading that I knew it was going to be a terrible pun. (just like that one)

'Ver' fuck's sake, that was worse than mine. :thumbsup:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=4&fid=27&act=1&mid=2128820945

Footymad.net Aberdeen forum says this thought i'd share

Verdonck now trying to Aberdeen

Sven Verdonck of Racing Genk remains careful to find a new employer. The central defender will this week take a look at the Scottish Aberdeen.

Previously tested the young Belgian (photo, right) without success to ADO Den Haag. Also FC Eindhoven, RBC Roosendaal and FC Volendam and the Belgian Lierse SK saw something in Verdonck. Until a transfer did not, making the defender now hope draws on Aberdeen.

"I can this week to take a look at the club," he says to Sporza. "Aberdeen fighting each year for the third place behind Celtic and Rangers. That certainly speaks to me."

Sorry about the terrible English but this a Dutch translation found on the site. Fell free to decipher it yourself on the link....

Guest swaddon
"I can this week to take a look at the club," he says to Sporza. "Aberdeen fighting each year for the third place behind Celtic and Rangers. That certainly speaks to me."

Nup. In any language, that means he couldn't give a fuck about winning leagues and trophies. We've had enough lazy foreigners taking money for nothing at Pittodrie, we don't need any more.

Nup. In any language, that means he couldn't give a fuck about winning leagues and trophies. We've had enough lazy foreigners taking money for nothing at Pittodrie, we don't need any more.

Couldn't agree more. Its already a defeatist attitude. Perhaps he should sign for Hearts if he's happy sucking up the OF a***

Maybe he's done his homework and he's only too aware of how much Aberdeen dont have a realistic chance of finishing any better than 3rd and he's just not deluding himself?

Guest swaddon

Maybe he's done his homework and he's only too aware of how much Aberdeen dont have a realistic chance of finishing any better than 3rd and he's just not deluding himself?

Maybe he just wants to earn pots of money doing bugger all at an unambitious club, and therefore should be looking at Dundee United or Hibs or something.

It doesn't sit well with me when players come to Scotland just for the thrill of losing by five goals to Celtic or Rangers. Like Kiriakov, for example.

Maybe he just wants to earn pots of money doing bugger all at an unambitious club

:lolabove:

Aye, AFC's a real gravy-train these days.

If it's pots of money he's after, he wouldn't even be considering a move to a Scottish club outwith the OF.

Perhaps what he meant was that the possibility of regular UEFA Cup football as a result of finishing 3rd attracted him.

Slaughtering the boy on the back of one early and poorly-translated comment is simply ridiculous.

Guest swaddon

:lolabove:

Aye, AFC's a real gravy-train these days.

If it's pots of money he's after, he wouldn't even be considering a move to a Scottish club outwith the OF.

Perhaps what he meant was that the possibility of regular UEFA Cup football as a result of finishing 3rd attracted him.

Slaughtering the boy on the back of one early and poorly-translated comment is simply ridiculous.

Maybe pots of money is a bit much, but I'll bet we'd pay more than what he's currently earning. If he does sign and becomes the replacement for Anderson that the team needs, then I'll happily eat my words. If he comes to Pittodrie and is the worst defender for years, then I'll be proved right.

Maybe pots of money is a bit much, but I'll bet we'd pay more than what he's currently earning. If he does sign and becomes the replacement for Anderson that the team needs, then I'll happily eat my words. If he comes to Pittodrie and is the worst defender for years, then I'll be proved right.

Like Tim Bakens who we wanted to take a 50% pay cut to join us?

I wouldn't be so sure about the earnings, but in any case, that's not the point. A few people have jumped on this guy's back before he's even set foot inside Pittodrie for having the nerve to say what we all know anyway: that the best AFC can hope for most seasons is a 3rd-place finish.

Being happy with that does not necessarily make you some sort of mercenary. The vast majority of players who sign for new clubs know that their club is unlikely to win silverware: there simply isn't enough to go round. Nothing in what he's said suggests that he's only interested in the money. As I pointed out above, being interested in consistent 3rd place finishes is far more likely to be linked to footballing reasons than financial ones: regular opportunities for European football; potential for a cup win as the domestic 3rd force etc.

Simply put, if this guy is decent and is happy to join us for footballing reasons, then I'd love to see him lining up alongside Zander; and I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people are already prepared to crucify him on the basis of a very one-sided interpretation of a dodgy translation from the internet.

I wouldn't be so sure about the earnings, but in any case, that's not the point. A few people have jumped on this guy's back before he's even set foot inside Pittodrie for having the nerve to say what we all know anyway: that the best AFC can hope for most seasons is a 3rd-place finish.

Being happy with that does not necessarily make you some sort of mercenary. The vast majority of players who sign for new clubs know that their club is unlikely to win silverware: there simply isn't enough to go round. Nothing in what he's said suggests that he's only interested in the money. As I pointed out above, being interested in consistent 3rd place finishes is far more likely to be linked to footballing reasons than financial ones: regular opportunities for European football; potential for a cup win as the domestic 3rd force etc.

Simply put, if this guy is decent and is happy to join us for footballing reasons, then I'd love to see him lining up alongside Zander; and I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people are already prepared to crucify him on the basis of a very one-sided interpretation of a dodgy translation from the internet.

Hear hear.

Completely agree, was going to say the same thing. Well said  :thumbsup:

What is it with Aberdeen fans and dying to be proved right about someone being shite?

He could turn out to be a decent enough player, one which gives his all, works hard and is a regular pick each week.  Why does he or any other signing have to fall into the catagories of 'best player at the club' or 'worst player ever'?  There just seems to be no middle ground for some fans.

"Thou must be booed onto the park or your name chanted as you're subbed off of it".

:clap: