Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Worst stewards in the SPL

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of all the stadiums I've been to I've only ever had trouble at two of them (which just so happen to be the two I've been to most often) Pittodrie and Tannadice.

They are terrible at Tannadice though, last time I was there they were walking up and down the steps ready to pounce on anyone who dared stand up for whatever reason, with the threat of being chucked out if you don't oblige.

Pittodrie isn't great though. Sitting in the South Stand where I do whenever Rangers and Celtic are playing the away fans are always standing up, and sitting in the South Stand right next to the OF fans you have to stand up to see about a quater of the pitch. So every time the ball goes there you have to stand up, and along comes the stewards to ask you to sit down, despite the fact that the OF fans seem to be allowed to stand up.

This has got better recently though I have to say, a couple of seasons ago they were terrible for it.

Definitely the Dundee stewards and in particular the head steward who is a complete dick.  Too many of these supervisors think wearing a luminous yellow jacket gives them super powers to treat folk like shit.

Honoury mention to Parkhead stewards aswell for the reasons above.

Dundee/United though special mentions for Ibrox and Parkhead who have had some spectacular individual efforts over the last few years.

Parkhead - Steward squared up to me and a couple of others, funny as fuck, his supervisor huckled him

Ibrox - The 3-0 game season before last, this young dude had the mad head on, ended up getting huckled by the polis!

I was standing next to you at a game and we got a corner. We all stood up to watch the corner. The setward told you to sit down and you did your usual tirade. Then the police woman said to us that it was ok to stand up every now and then. The steward was gutted he had been over ruled by the Police.

That was a good one, aye, she said stand up when you like, don't listen to him or something.

"My usual tirade"??? That's a bit unfair, the boy was a cock! ;)

I'm going to put the Motherwell stewards at the top here.

In the pie que at half time two seasons back and one of them comes up and tells me that the cops have a camera on me so make sure i behave myself. All this because i was standing up!! I think they really meant to be watching Funster though, just so hapened i was standing beside him  :thumbsup:

I'm going to put the Motherwell stewards at the top here.

In the pie que at half time two seasons back and one of them comes up and tells me that the cops have a camera on me so make sure i behave myself. All this because i was standing up!! I think they really meant to be watching Funster though, just so hapened i was standing beside him  :thumbsup:

They were total cahnts that day though and they were watching the guy in the light blue jacket, which you were wearing btw  ;)

They were total cahnts that day though and they were watching the guy in the light blue jacket, which you were wearing btw  ;)

I still believe it was a case of mistaken identity!!

Dont think there has been that many memorably bad stewards since then, either that or my behaviour has picked up  ;D

I think some people see getting hassled by stewards as something of a status symbol.

I haven't had bother from stewards home or away in years... and even then I probably deserved some of the hassle they gave me.

Some fans get aggressive with the stewards very quickly over not very much so it's no wonder the stewards sometimes act that way back.  I'm sure alot of fans have had too much to drink :wino:

In saying that though...

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3cF4h03hw

and A.C.A.B.

A lot of the time you're definitely right jager and we carry a fair amount of tits in our support but some of the stewarding in this country is laughable.

Never had any problems with the stewards at Ibrox, the police however is a different matter. Complained at being hit my a missile form above (AA battery) and the police man separating us from the huns said it wasn't his problem. It was his problem however when his mate 3 rows down was nailed on the back of the head by a coin again from above. He turned round looking at the Aberdeen fans and I just smugly pointed up to the tier above saying should have tried to stop it shouldn't you....

I was standing next to you at a game and we got a corner. We all stood up to watch the corner. The setward told you to sit down and you did your usual tirade. Then the police woman said to us that it was ok to stand up every now and then. The steward was gutted he had been over ruled by the Police.

:wave:

Guest Caroline B

The Nazi's at Tannadice take some beating. Last season at the first match, one decided to throw out my dad cause he called a steward "Elton John".

The annoying thing was that the Steward was the spitting image of Elton John!

Only ever been to Ibrox once, had absolutely no bother from the Stewards there. Not had trouble at most stadiums (being such a nice boy trouble rarely finds me) but been victimised by them at both Pittodrie and Tannadice.

Do you save all the bother for clubs?  ;)

I've only had trouble in clubs three times in my life thank you very much, and only two of those times was it my fault.

I maintain that protecting a mate who's getting felt up by some drunk bastard is acceptable...bouncers thought so too.