Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

jamie langfield must go

Guest dandy-red74

Fair point, but would you rather have derek soutar in goals?  The fact is langers is our first team keeper and thats the way it is, he has maybe not had the best season but i can tell you now if we had soutar in goals we'd be a lot worse off.  I believe he will come out stronger after some of the blunders, and if i am wrong then i will hold my hands up and say i'm wrong.  Lets face it some of the performance from seve and co haven't been near good enough.  What about diamond and his careless defending, he has cost us more in recent seasons than langers yet we stand by him!

WE ALL KNOW LANGFIELD IS OUR FIRST TEAM KEEPER! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!  We are saying that this should no longer be the case. Just because Soutar is back up doesnt mean we stick with Langfield. If Soutar isn't going to be given a chance, why did Calderwood sign him?

Why do you believe he'll come out stronger? where's the evidence to suggest this will happen? He's been a poor goalkeeper for Thistle, Dundee and sat on the bench at Dunfermline. There is no precedent in his career that could possibly make you say that.

As i also said, goalkeepers take the flak more for their mistakes than outfield players. That's life. Why is this the case? Because if you're a goalkeeper, your concentration has to be 100% spot on 100% of the time. If it's not, you're never going to be good enough. Goalkeeper is the most important position on the park, you cant possibly compare his mistakes to that of Severin. That may be harsh, it may be unfair, but that's football.  Everyone would forgive the goalkeeper the odd mistake, of course these things happen, but not constant mistakes of the magnitude Langfield makes.

Guest Donslegend

How many mistakes has he actually made, in every game is he a liability.  Who would you get for the wages we pay?  I'm genuinely interested to know who you'd have instead.

Fair point, but would you rather have derek soutar in goals?  The fact is langers is our first team keeper and thats the way it is, he has maybe not had the best season but i can tell you now if we had soutar in goals we'd be a lot worse off.  I believe he will come out stronger after some of the blunders, and if i am wrong then i will hold my hands up and say i'm wrong.  Lets face it some of the performance from seve and co haven't been near good enough.  What about diamond and his careless defending, he has cost us more in recent seasons than langers yet we stand by him!

WE ALL KNOW LANGFIELD IS OUR FIRST TEAM KEEPER! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!  We are saying that this should no longer be the case. Just because Soutar is back up doesnt mean we stick with Langfield. If Soutar isn't going to be given a chance, why did Calderwood sign him?

Why do you believe he'll come out stronger? where's the evidence to suggest this will happen? He's been a poor goalkeeper for Thistle, Dundee and sat on the bench at Dunfermline. There is no precedent in his career that could possibly make you say that.

As i also said, goalkeepers take the flak more for their mistakes than outfield players. That's life. Why is this the case? Because if you're a goalkeeper, your concentration has to be 100% spot on 100% of the time. If it's not, you're never going to be good enough. Goalkeeper is the most important position on the park, you cant possibly compare his mistakes to that of Severin. That may be harsh, it may be unfair, but that's football.  Everyone would forgive the goalkeeper the odd mistake, of course these things happen, but not constant mistakes of the magnitude Langfield makes.

How many mistakes has he actually made, in every game is he a liability.  Who would you get for the wages we pay?  I'm genuinely interested to know who you'd have instead.

It's not down to me to find suitable replacements, is it?  If Calderwood got off his fucking considerable behind and searched Europe (as most teams managers/scouts do) I'm positive we'd find someone considerably better than Clangers.

This is where i think Langfield falls down considerably. Look at the major howlers. The ones that have cost us goals. How many of them have come when we've been getting battered by the opposition? How many have come when we've been relatively safe and under little pressure? Off the top of my head and with absolutely no regard given to searching for evidence to prove/disprove my case, i'd say the majority of the goal-costing mistakes have come either when we've been comfortable in a game and he hasn't been tested for a while, or from fairly innocuous situations that can normally be dealt with with the minimum fuss - the bread and butter if you will (see the Hart og vs Motherwell for example). I'd say that shows a concentration problem.

In fact, i remember us playing Dundee and he let a fairly speculative 20 yarder in through his hands. As if he wasn't thinking about the shot coming towards him, but how he was going to deal with his resultant throw/kick out.

Guest jimmythered74

I agree with most of the comments clangfield is a bit of a dubious keeper and has made a few dubious decisions in his time,  Now that we are in europe i hope the club wil do all they can to get a decent keeper in before the new season or we will be doomed !!

as for the result against the huns great stuff and up the dandy dons !!!

so much for the jam tarts saying that they would still catch us they are just huns without the busfares , edinburgh minks !!!