Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

jamie langfield must go

Guest dandy-red74

Guest dandy-red74

jamie langfield is not a premier league goalkeeper ... He is dire and must go ..... he has lost us many points this season, once again aberdeen have bottled it in weegie land and it would not surprise me if we get humped from the huns again next weekend...

calderwood has given jobs to dunfermline rejects and they are not worthy of wearing the colours of afc.. Langfield must go for a start of a mega clear out of pish players we have got at pittodrie

jamie langfield is not a premier league goalkeeper ... He is dire and must go ..... he has lost us many points this season, once again aberdeen have bottled it in weegie land and it would not surprise me if we get humped from the huns again next weekend...

calderwood has given jobs to dunfermline rejects and they are not worthy of wearing the colours of afc.. Langfield must go for a start of a mega clear out of pish players we have got at pittodrie

A mega clear out of the players who've got us into third spot and still, potentially, Europe?

And who are we going to bring in, given our budget of 0 pounds and 0 pence?

Guest hatethehuns

He didnt play too badly today. Lovell should be the one getting pelters, I mean missing an open goal from the massive distance of one whole yard out, shocking for a proffesional footballer!!! come on get behind the team, i notice me slagging lovell goes against this but i'm sort of trying to point out that langfield cant be made a scapegoat all of the time, esp when he has an OK game, i mean who would you rather have him, souter or greg kelly, thers no choice really.

He didnt play too badly today. Lovell should be the one getting pelters, I mean missing an open goal from the massive distance of one whole yard out, shocking for a proffesional footballer!!! come on get behind the team, i notice me slagging lovell goes against this but i'm sort of trying to point out that langfield cant be made a scapegoat all of the time, esp when he has an OK game, i mean who would you rather have him, souter or greg kelly, thers no choice really.

Quite agree.  We cannot get a better keeper than Langfield on our budget.

Not sure i agree with you, mac, i really don't like Langfield at all. But i thought he had a good game today, and kept us in it with a few good saves. I don't think we played that badly overall either. Just one of those days where it would not go in no matter what we did. Boruc made a few good saves as well, and if he hadn't we'd have been dancing about and singing tonight.

Not sure i agree with you, mac, i really don't like Langfield at all. But i thought he had a good game today, and kept us in it with a few good saves. I don't think we played that badly overall either. Just one of those days where it would not go in no matter what we did. Boruc made a few good saves as well, and if he hadn't we'd have been dancing about and singing tonight.

I didn't really read hatethehuns post, it was the Langfeild bit I was agreeing with.  The team did OK from what I have seen and heard, sounded like Celtic were just more clinical than us.

Shut up you complete dick!

Langfield was not at fault for any goals today and indeed had a fine game with a couple of great saves. No goalkeeper would have held the ball for Celtics opener and many would not have even saved it. Put your effort into supporting the Dons not slating a man who had a great game. Langfield may have cost us a few points but he has also saved us a few so get a grip. Goalkeepers are easy targets but he is by no means our weakest link.

Midfield today were again non existant.

I didn't really read hatethehuns post, it was the Langfeild bit I was agreeing with.  The team did OK from what I have seen and heard, sounded like Celtic were just more clinical than us.

That was pretty much it in a nutshell. We had plenty chances, and could have won the game (from watching on a dodgy Chinese internet stream...). Langfield was in no way at fault for their goals and had a good game today. I just don't like him generally and think we could do better if we looked around and speculated/scouted a bit.

Regarding the OP's post, that's just stupid. Blame him for dropping it on the Caley boy's head, for letting that OG in vs Motherwell, for the goals v Hibs, for last week v Hearts. But he was in no way at fault for today's result.

Yeah the first Celtic goal he did very well just to save the shot, holding wasn't an option.  In an ideal world he would have put it behind for a corner but I'm not going to say he was at fault.

If I was to blame someone fr the goal it would be Anderson cos I think he backe of Miller for too long.

Hopefully your next post will be more constructive.

Judging by the time of your post you weren't at the game, and therefore you can't comment on how he played today. Not much he could've done for either of the goals today and as was already said, he wasn't at fault for them.

Hopefully your next post will be more constructive.

Judging by the time of your post you weren't at the game, and therefore you can't comment on how he played today. Not much he could've done for either of the goals today and as was already said, he wasn't at fault for them.

Not fair, mate! Some of us actually can't get to the games so decide to watch them on the internet or on Setanta ... which normally has MUCH better views of the game than you get in reality. I'd understand if it was the Dons vs Dunfermline. But almost ALL Celtic games are aired via Setanta!

Langfield has saved us more points than he's cost us !!!

So he not everyone's cup of tea as a keeper, but i'm sure the fans

of nearly all the other teams would rather have him in goals than their

current keeper ??

The first bit is highly debatable but I agree with the second part. Having said that, given the standard of SPL keepers, it ain't saying much.

Look, my thinking is that Aberdeen FC need to find a way to develop Scotland's NEXT Great Keeper through their youth system and, in the meantime, get as far as they can on the budget they have.  Langfield does the job.  He isn't Gordon or Boruc but he can hold the fort.  If we only have £££ for 1 or 2 players in order to improve our squad, Keeper is not where I would spend it.

Look, my thinking is that Aberdeen FC need to find a way to develop Scotland's NEXT Great Keeper through their youth system and, in the meantime, get as far as they can on the budget they have.  Langfield does the job.  He isn't Gordon or Boruc but he can hold the fort.  If we only have £££ for 1 or 2 players in order to improve our squad, Keeper is not where I would spend it.

Goalkeeper is the most important position on the park. If you don't have a good goalkeeper you can forget it.

Guest Donslegend

I don't understand this, why the hatred towards one of our most constant players, its the same with mackie (ok can drive you daft but always tries) 

I'd rather have langfield who has rarely made a mistake than the edinburgh bunglers that have cost their team big time.  Ok langers has had his moments but i'd rather see him in goals than the hibs dobbers etc. 

I don't understand this, why the hatred towards one of our most constant players, its the same with mackie (ok can drive you daft but always tries) 

I'd rather have langfield who has rarely made a mistake than the edinburgh bunglers that have cost their team big time.  Ok langers has had his moments but i'd rather see him in goals than the hibs dobbers etc. 

are you sure about that?

I don't understand this, why the hatred towards one of our most constant players, its the same with mackie (ok can drive you daft but always tries)  I'd rather have langfield who has rarely made a mistake than the edinburgh bunglers that have cost their team big time.  Ok langers has had his moments but i'd rather see him in goals than the hibs dobbers etc. 

are you sure about that?

so what if i played for aberdeen i would try my arse off, doesnt mean i would be any good.

Guest Donslegend

What i meant by that statement is that mackie shows desire to do well and has actually got a good record for assists and is the top scorer as it stands.  Langers hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as some of the other keepers in the SPL, everyone is prone to mistakes its human nature.  He has saved us more times than not.  There is currently only 3 keepers i'd take in from the SPL as it stands as a good replacement or improvement, they are mcgregor, boruc (fud), or gordon at hearts other than that there is no one else.  Keepers get remembered for their mistakes not their saves, more times than not.  Langers has also got nearly as good a record as boruc, the difference is langers has to work harder than boruc usually does.  Therefore will throughout the season have to make more saves than boruc would have to.  I'd like to see the shots to saves ratio from the current season, it would probably show langers has done better than what we think and sometimes take for granted. 

What i meant by that statement is that mackie shows desire to do well and has actually got a good record for assists and is the top scorer as it stands.  Langers hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as some of the other keepers in the SPL, everyone is prone to mistakes its human nature.  He has saved us more times than not.  There is currently only 3 keepers i'd take in from the SPL as it stands as a good replacement or improvement, they are mcgregor, boruc (fud), or gordon at hearts other than that there is no one else.  Keepers get remembered for their mistakes not their saves, more times than not.  Langers has also got nearly as good a record as boruc, the difference is langers has to work harder than boruc usually does.  Therefore will throughout the season have to make more saves than boruc would have to.  I'd like to see the shots to saves ratio from the current season, it would probably show langers has done better than what we think and sometimes take for granted. 

Well, you could knock me down with a feather

"DTer talks sense about Lanhgfield shock!"

Totally agree with legend here

What i meant by that statement is that mackie shows desire to do well and has actually got a good record for assists and is the top scorer as it stands.  Langers hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as some of the other keepers in the SPL, everyone is prone to mistakes its human nature.  He has saved us more times than not.  There is currently only 3 keepers i'd take in from the SPL as it stands as a good replacement or improvement, they are mcgregor, boruc (fud), or gordon at hearts other than that there is no one else.  Keepers get remembered for their mistakes not their saves, more times than not.   Langers has also got nearly as good a record as boruc, the difference is langers has to work harder than boruc usually does.  Therefore will throughout the season have to make more saves than boruc would have to.  I'd like to see the shots to saves ratio from the current season, it would probably show langers has done better than what we think and sometimes take for granted. 

Bad goalkeepers get remembered for their mistakes.

People say that he has saved us more than not. But, he's a professional goalkeeper, of course he's going to make saves. It's the basic errors that he makes which show he is not good enough.  No one is expecting him to be the next Jim Leighton, but for fucks sake, look at the mistakes he's made this season. It's embarrassing. You wouldn't see that sort of stuff down your local playing fields. Whether there are only 3 keepers in the SPL you'd take or not, the bottom line is Langfield makes basic mistakes. In fact, this season you could say he is "prone" to them. Once that starts happening, there is no way back. If Langfield was playing under any other manager he'd have been dropped long ago. Ryan Esson was dropped for a lot less, that can't be denied.

Yes, goalkeepers mistakes are highlighted more than outfield players. Tough shit. It's the nature of the beast.

I don't WANT to moan about the guy, but just look at some of the soft goals he's let in. If people are honestly happy with that level of (supposed) professional performance from an Aberdeen goalkeeper, then fair enough, it's up to them. But there is no way in hell I'm going to be happy with the sort of performances he's turned in this season. 

What i meant by that statement is that mackie shows desire to do well and has actually got a good record for assists and is the top scorer as it stands.  Langers hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as some of the other keepers in the SPL, everyone is prone to mistakes its human nature.  He has saved us more times than not.  There is currently only 3 keepers i'd take in from the SPL as it stands as a good replacement or improvement, they are mcgregor, boruc (fud), or gordon at hearts other than that there is no one else.  Keepers get remembered for their mistakes not their saves, more times than not.   Langers has also got nearly as good a record as boruc, the difference is langers has to work harder than boruc usually does.  Therefore will throughout the season have to make more saves than boruc would have to.  I'd like to see the shots to saves ratio from the current season, it would probably show langers has done better than what we think and sometimes take for granted. 

Bad goalkeepers get remembered for their mistakes.

People say that he has saved us more than not. But, he's a professional goalkeeper, of course he's going to make saves. It's the basic errors that he makes which show he is not good enough.  No one is expecting him to be the next Jim Leighton, but for fucks sake, look at the mistakes he's made this season. It's embarrassing. You wouldn't see that sort of stuff down your local playing fields. Whether there are only 3 keepers in the SPL you'd take or not, the bottom line is Langfield makes basic mistakes. In fact, this season you could say he is "prone" to them. Once that starts happening, there is no way back. If Langfield was playing under any other manager he'd have been dropped long ago. Ryan Esson was dropped for a lot less, that can't be denied.

Yes, goalkeepers mistakes are highlighted more than outfield players. Tough shit. It's the nature of the beast.

I don't WANT to moan about the guy, but just look at some of the soft goals he's let in. If people are honestly happy with that level of (supposed) professional performance from an Aberdeen goalkeeper, then fair enough, it's up to them. But there is no way in hell I'm going to be happy with the sort of performances he's turned in this season. 

100% spot on

Guest Donslegend

Fair point, but would you rather have derek soutar in goals?  The fact is langers is our first team keeper and thats the way it is, he has maybe not had the best season but i can tell you now if we had soutar in goals we'd be a lot worse off.  I believe he will come out stronger after some of the blunders, and if i am wrong then i will hold my hands up and say i'm wrong.  Lets face it some of the performance from seve and co haven't been near good enough.  What about diamond and his careless defending, he has cost us more in recent seasons than langers yet we stand by him!