Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Brechin v The Dons

Guest swaddon

Joking apart, a win's a win, and I will settle for that after last Friday's shambles. Well done, lads, but still a long way to go.

Cracking goal from Young although nobody looked like more surprised than him when it went in. Better performance than the Dundee game but still pretty poor. Foster JDV and Mackie all crap. Mulgrew looked pretty decent going forward but maybe suspect defensively. There was a trailist (french centre half I was told) on the bench but oddly he never got on even when Zander went off.

Cracking goal from Young although nobody looked like more surprised than him when it went in. Better performance than the Dundee game but still pretty poor. Foster JDV and Mackie all crap. Mulgrew looked pretty decent going forward but maybe suspect defensively. There was a trailist (french centre half I was told) on the bench but oddly he never got on even when Zander went off.

JDV was truly awful tonight, not a surprise when he was hooked. Zander was strapped up at the end of the game and was walking gingerly.

We scored and hit the wood work twice however that does shine over another poor performance devoid of idea. Positives: It was better than Dundee and we have scored at last. Young was one of the better players and well done to him taking the chance and having a shot unlike any of the strikers.

As you say jute the trailist was strange, didnt really seem to have the frame for a centre back and in the second half was clearly pissed off and bored in the dugout.

Anyway I managed to catch 2 of the 3 moments of the game on camera

Firstly Mulgrews free kick which hit the bar

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhrmSZchfg

And secondly a collectors item of a strike by Derek Young

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rnVMDH8XZNg

There was a continental gentlemen (im not allowed to call him what i did tonight or Mizer will tell me off) ;)

It was quite a sight to see and i believe Mizer tried to video it as proof as we both found it highly amusing to watch.

1. I thought we agreed that sub-Saharan gentleman was more appropriate than the D word?

2. Its not came out right, the evening light must have confused the camera. Therefore we dont really have a video of JC twirling around and swearing at the ground then scratching his heid as he went onto the pitch at FT. Never seen JC that bemused/negative at full time.

Just got back in from the game Where to start on what was a night of rip roaring, action packed football just like Dundee! ::);)

First half spent in the stand but moved due to filthy hun tracksuit wearing scum sitting behind us shouting fenian ****** at Diamond and would probably end up getting myself kicked out because of the little shite!

Second half i decided to stand beside JC and co at the touchline just so i could gauge what he actually tells/instructs the players during the game, fuck me what a mistake that was!

Jimmy - My god what a sight he is to watch close up!! He stood there huffing and puffing, throwing his arms up in the air doing half spins like some 80's raver who had just double dropped at Traks' at Mintlaw on a Saturday night! .

:lolabove:

Interested to see the negative comments about JDV i cant remember seeing him playing anything better then average yet there seems to be a lot of hype for him being a good player, if he was british i think he would be roundly boo'd every week, he's shite!

Just got back in from the game Where to start on what was a night of rip roaring, action packed football just like Dundee! ::);)

First half spent in the stand but moved due to filthy hun tracksuit wearing scum sitting behind us shouting fenian ****** at Diamond and would probably end up getting myself kicked out because of the little shite!

Second half i decided to stand beside JC and co at the touchline just so i could gauge what he actually tells/instructs the players during the game, fuck me what a mistake that was!

Players first though -

Langfield - Very impressed by the way he marshalled his defence, contsantly on top of them and thought he did ok except a dodgy kick out in the second half.

Foster - Passing was absolutly shocking and despite JC having a pop at him he continued to be pish and still pass badly. Couple of runs up the wind but nothing to get excited about.

Mulgrew - Great free kick in the first half that smacked the bar, did well and looked ok going forward. Moved to central defence in second half when Diamond went off.

Diamond - Had a bit of a shocker and hooked shortly into the second half. Looked very pissed off when he came off. Had a strapping/tubigrip round his right leg so not sure if this was part of the reason he came off or not?

Considine - Few slip up;s but i thought he had a pretty decent game to be honest. Wild shot over the bar in the second half that i thought he could have done better with.

JDV - he is not a football player,end of. His missus has just had a kid, nae sleep blah blah blah. Why start with him then??? He moved that slow i think he was carrying his new kid under his fucking shirt. Pish and rightly hooked at half time.

Young - Excellent goal and run around a lot, probably our best player which says it all.

Kerr - Thought he did well and passed the ball about well.

Smith - Started well and hit the post with a rasping shot but drifted out the game badly in the second half.

Mackie - Pish again and never looked like scoring.

Miller - Few decent knock downs and flicks but again nothing spectacular.

Subs:

Smith - Did well and slotted in at left back with Mulgrew coming into the centre. Looks a decent prospect.

Pawlett - Thought he did well and looked lively when he came on. Hopefully another good young prospect.

Bebo - Not on long enough to do much, except run about a lot as usual.

Stweart - See above.

There was a continental gentlemen (im not allowed to call him what i did tonight or Mizer will tell me off) ;) on the bench, French and a centre back but never came on. Looked as skinny as a rake for a CB though.

Jimmy - My god what a sight he is to watch close up!! He stood there huffing and puffing, throwing his arms up in the air doing half spins like some 80's raver who had just double dropped at Traks' at Mintlaw on a Saturday night! His instructions consisted of telling Foster to sort out his passing (well that worked well) and telling "Kerrzer" to drop back. Shouting out random players names but appearing to give no clear instruction to them. That and pointing at random people and then shaking his head or doing more arm flapping actions or huffing and puffing. It was quite a sight to see and i believe Mizer tried to video it as proof as we both found it highly amusing to watch.

Now before anyone has a pop NOT ONCE on here have i ever slagged off our manager but if thats the way he is managing the players and shouting instructions during a game then its no wonder we have been thumped by Peterheid and were very poor again tonight against what i though was a well organised and physically fit Brechin side. You would have though we would have been the fitter of the two teams towards the end of the game but that didnt appear to be the case IMO and Brechin had a couple of half chances. Overall a wins a win but we have a MASSIVE amount of work to do before the season starts. :-\

Jimmy acted in the exact same way against Peterhead. I was right behind him and couldnt understand alot of what he says.

JDV was truly awful tonight, not a surprise when he was hooked. Zander was strapped up at the end of the game and was walking gingerly.

We scored and hit the wood work twice however that does shine over another poor performance devoid of idea. Positives: It was better than Dundee and we have scored at last. Young was one of the better players and well done to him taking the chance and having a shot unlike any of the strikers.

As you say jute the trailist was strange, didnt really seem to have the frame for a centre back and in the second half was clearly pissed off and bored in the dugout.

Anyway I managed to catch 2 of the 3 moments of the game on camera

Firstly Mulgrews free kick which hit the bar

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhrmSZchfg

And secondly a collectors item of a strike by Derek Young

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rnVMDH8XZNg

Trialist was a full back. Some Haitian dude that used to play for Falkirk..... Jean Francois Lescinel ?