Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lovell in demand

I happen to agree that (bar Miller) Lovell was our best (most natural) striker.

However, in order to score goals you need to be on the field in the first place.

The return we got from Lovell in terms of goals and performances was utter garbage, hence no qualms about not carrying him any longer.

i suggest you go look at the goals to games ratios for Mackie, Lovell, Miller and Maguire in their time here together.

Lovell comes out top. (just)

If Lovell signs for Hibs then i can see him and fletcher bagging quite a few together whilst we will have to make do with another season of Darren Mackie telling us every 4 weeks in the EE that he will solve our goal drout.

usually i'd agree but i think JC's luck has ran out and they along with Utd and even Hearts will finish above this season.

I think Hibs will do rock all next season. Again.

Not entirely sure about United... Levein's teams generally play one way and if you can combat that then you're half way there, they've also lost two of their best players in Hunt to Reading, and that guy Kerr to...er... who was it again?

And let's face it, Hearts are just back to being Hearts these days i.e. shite.

Hibs are truly awful, and its quite funny. I don't think we'll have to worry about them, Hearts i'm unsure about but the Arabs seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us. However, as BB said, they lost one of their best players to us...JC does, and always has had the knack of pulling results out of the bag, as much as he tries to confuse us all with crazy formation changes every 30 seconds.

its all about opinions and time what AFC will do.

i'm nowhere near as confident as i have been for the last few seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I know we have a lot of work still to do on the team, but i'm still confident we'll get into the top 6 (not an achievement I know) but I don't fear for the season, I just don't know whether or not we'll be successful.

Guest swaddon

He's also had a bit of a parting shot at us, well at Jimmy Calderwood. He says that he has been unfairly labelled as injury-prone, and that if he had had surgery on his injury earlier, then he wouldn't have been out for so long.

He's also had a bit of a parting shot at us, well at Jimmy Calderwood. He says that he has been unfairly labelled as injury-prone, and that if he had had surgery on his injury earlier, then he wouldn't have been out for so long.

Let your football do the talking Stevie.  It's the reason you're not wanted here anymore.

At least now he's away we wont need to do the boring "he never got a chance"/"he was pish" tit for tat anymore.

Good luck at your new club Lovell, except when you come to play us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats him offically signed for Falkirk - one year deal

Following protracted negotiations, the 27-year-old frontman has committed himself to the Bairns on a one-year contract with a one-year option. An elated John Hughes told the Official website, “I am absolutely over the moon about the signing. I have admired Steve’s ability for a long time and knew I would have to perservere to get his name on the dotted line. That is the reason I took him to Holland because I felt I could sell the Club to him on the strength of the camaraderie that exists in the dressing room we have here. The facilities at Stirling University are first class and I knew he was impressed with them too. His signature will bring a whole new dimension to our attack.â€

MD George Craig added, “ This a real coup for Falkirk. It’s a testament to the direction this club is taking that we can sign players of Steve’s calibre. We have told the fans we are committed to building a strong Falkirk side over the next few years and this is only the start.â€

Do Falkirk fans slag of their manage for remarks like this?

If my past experience is anything to go by, I'd guess they probably do.

I sat in Falkirk end when they played us for the first time since promotion (hospitality package) and I was amazed at the vitriol they aimed at the manager who had just got them into the SPL.