Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What do we need?

Lost Goalkeepers 1 x Derek Soutar, goalkeeper

Defenders lost 6 x Jackie McNamara, defender (Falkirk);Dave Bus, defender; Richie Byrne, defender; Karim Touzani, defender (Sparta Rotterdam) Dan Smith, defender; Martin Skinner, defender (Peterhead);

Midfield 4 x Barry Nicholson, midfielder; Neil McVitie, midfielder (Peterhead); Sone Aluko Midfielder (Birmingham); Josh Walker Midfielder (Boro)

Strikers 3 x Steve Lovell, forward; ; Jon Smith, forward; Davie Ross, forward (Peterhead);

So our squad is down 10 players from last season!

At least five of these players either didn't get near the first team last season, or barely got a sub appearance.

At least five of these players either didn't get near the first team last season, or barely got a sub appearance.

Exactly. Instead of replacing these players with Dutch amateurs on £300 a week, I'd prefer to see JC give youth a chance if the squad starts to get stretched by injuries or suspension during the season.

Exactly. Instead of replacing these players with Dutch amateurs on £300 a week, I'd prefer to see JC give youth a chance if the squad starts to get stretched by injuries or suspension during the season.

Would be happy enough with this too, really need to start pitching youngstars in just incase worst comes to the worst. Seems to be working for other teams, and our youth teams are usually above them in the league so cant understand why we have such a lack of youth players in the running for at least regular sub apperances

cos folk like you are on their cases from the first mistake?

And to reference back to your point about nearly finishing 7th - in the SPL one late goal can make a big difference to league position... so how can youngsters be blooded when so much hangs in the balance late on in a game.

You want to have your cake and eat it (and looks like you have been  ;))

You mean people like me that are shouting for them to get in the first team and go and support them at reserve and under 19 games, yeah its my fault young players arnt given a change by Calderwood  ;D ;D not every game hangs in the balance in the last 10 - 15 mins i mean how many times were we getting pumped  2 or 3 nil last season away from home, we could have been throwing some younger players on then and getting them some experiance (if we had we might not be looking for several transfers this summer) cant do their confidance any more harm then sitting on the bench watching has beens or dutch rejects going through the motions.

And im off the cakes just now but i will be having my fruit and eating it  :thumbsup:

Think to have a decent starting 11 still need another striker, RB and centre half. Still think the squad is lacking any real quality in depth as well so in an ideal world would like to see at least two if not three decent quaility loan signings being brought in to provide cover.