Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mulgrew Signs

An authentic left back. Looked OK at United, works for me.

A left back full stop.  Shown a lot of promise, hopefully this can be the club for him.

My only minor gripe would be the fact he's only signed a 2-year deal.

Two year deals are a load of shite. You get one good season out of a player, then he leaves for nothing after attracting attention.

That said, my level of happiness is high at the news of this signing. A proper, left footed, Scotland U21 capped left back. Hope he works out better than the last full back we signed from Wolves... Is there a fee? I'd be pleasantly surprised if there wasn't, as Swindon had a £150k offer for him accepted last month.

Two year deals are a load of shite. You get one good season out of a player, then he leaves for nothing after attracting attention.

That said, my level of happiness is high at the news of this signing. A proper, left footed, Scotland U21 capped left back. Hope he works out better than the last full back we signed from Wolves... Is there a fee? I'd be pleasantly surprised if there wasn't, as Swindon had a £150k offer for him accepted last month.

I'd be surprised if Swindon really bid £150k they were days away from being wound up last season (allegedly), and afaik are still hemorrhaging money.

players_116115.jpg

Out of the blue we sign, what looks like, a pretty talented player.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1344638,00.html

He looks like he gets his eyebrows done, and he'll no doubt be growing that hair out so he can get frosted tips like his new ladyboy teammates.

A two year deal seems to be just asking for him to leave on a freebie though.

Typical.

players_116115.jpg

Out of the blue we sign, what looks like, a pretty talented player.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1344638,00.html

He looks like he gets his eyebrows done, and he'll no doubt be growing that hair out so he can get frosted tips like his new ladyboy teammates.

A two year deal seems to be just asking for him to leave on a freebie though.

Typical.

That could have been the deal breaker though

That could have been the deal breaker though

A longer deal with a release clause shouldn't be out of the question.

Hibs manage to persuade their youngsters to stay with the promise of release if a reasonable fee is met.

Even a 150k release clause isn't too much to ask...

A longer deal with a release clause shouldn't be out of the question.

Hibs manage to persuade their youngsters to stay with the promise of release if a reasonable fee is met.

Even a 150k release clause isn't too much to ask...

What if it's went the other way though, and that he'll get an extension on his 2 years should he perform well in his first 6 months, or something to that effect.

Ensuring a player is giving their all isn't too much to ask...  :thumbsup:

Magical. Good news.

Had the same concerns about the shortness of contract but can AFC afford more than a 2 year deal? If he does well in his first 6 months get him signed up for another year or two. Same goes for Lee Miller.