Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Adam Hammill - potential loan signing

Before I start I should explain I am as disappointed as the next man on the delays getting new players in.

Now having said that I don't see how the club can win this one!

The identify targets weeks/months ago. They go for the ones top of the list. Those drag on so what do they do? Do the drop the interest and move down the list to the next man and so the delays start again, OR, do they hold fire in the hope that the first, ideal target eventually comes round and accepts a deal?

The players know the game now and they all hold out to the last minute waiting for the best deal. They know they have options on the table so have a fall back. They know those options will stay as long as they don't offically turn them down. The clubs hang on for their initial targets because the next option is probably second, third of fourth choice.

The club sign the second, third of fourth choice to get a plyer in the door. Are the supporters happy with a new, rushed signing? Are they hell because he is second rate and every one knows it, even the club.

The club could blow the bank and get the man they want at the first attempt, but we all know where that goes and we don't want to see the club go down that road again.

Much how we would all like to see new faces long before the first game of the season, these signings are for 2-3 years, not the first three weeks in August. If the club think they still have a chance of getting their first choices then they will keep that door open for as long as possible. Rather have the right man in, a little late, but here for 3 years over a fill in who we have to pay out of his contract after 18 months.

The club can't win really!

Before I start I should explain I am as disappointed as the next man on the delays getting new players in.

Now having said that I don't see how the club can win this one!

The identify targets weeks/months ago. They go for the ones top of the list. Those drag on so what do they do? Do the drop the interest and move down the list to the next man and so the delays start again, OR, do they hold fire in the hope that the first, ideal target eventually comes round and accepts a deal?

The players know the game now and they all hold out to the last minute waiting for the best deal. They know they have options on the table so have a fall back. They know those options will stay as long as they don't offically turn them down. The clubs hang on for their initial targets because the next option is probably second, third of fourth choice.

The club sign the second, third of fourth choice to get a plyer in the door. Are the supporters happy with a new, rushed signing? Are they hell because he is second rate and every one knows it, even the club.

The club could blow the bank and get the man they want at the first attempt, but we all know where that goes and we don't want to see the club go down that road again.

Much how we would all like to see new faces long before the first game of the season, these signings are for 2-3 years, not the first three weeks in August. If the club think they still have a chance of getting their first choices then they will keep that door open for as long as possible. Rather have the right man in, a little late, but here for 3 years over a fill in who we have to pay out of his contract after 18 months.

The club can't win really!

Well said.

As for Hammill.  Looked good in a poor Dunfermline team.  I found him to be quite Foster-esque whenever I watched him.

Yes he has, if you're just judging him on the basis of on-field performances, then you're a tonk.  And I don't even know what a tonk is.  But you are one.

Tonk.  :thumbsup:

::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::)

How exactly is going from 3rd place to 4th going forward?

How exactly is going from 3rd place to 4th going forward?

::)

if you're just judging him on the basis of on-field performances' date=' then you're a tonk.[/b']  And I don't even know what a tonk is.  But you are one.

2 semi-finals, last 32 of Europe, 4th in the league.

He brought in a fortune due to the cup runs and league placing, and that's not even taking into account the fact he still had to make cutbacks for the good of the club by selling his captain, and two of his regular picks in Hart and Clark.

We're called Aberdeen Football Club.  The last bit there being the key word.

Crystal? ;)