Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Touzani out

second that jim.  Was just on the beeb website and something that willo flood said make me think of not only touzani but also players like devisch and lovell.  

"He knew that I could do the business for him," Flood said of Levein.

"When you have a manager who believes in you then you always want to play for him.

"You want to feel wanted by a club, that's when you play your best football. It's great to know that I'm wanted by the club.

:teach:   JC could definitely take note here

Yeah, but this could be applied to JC's approaches for Mark Kerr's signature. JC apparently said "look mate, it's time to make up your mind. Training starts with us in three days time, and I want you to be there". Hence why Kerr turned down a host of offers from England to have one more crack at the SPL for a bigger club than Youshitehead

Yeah, but this could be applied to JC's approaches for Mark Kerr's signature. JC apparently said "look mate, it's time to make up your mind. Training starts with us in three days time, and I want you to be there". Hence why Kerr turned down a host of offers from England to have one more crack at the SPL for a bigger club than Youshitehead

Yeah  fair point RR, i just cant help thinking we've had a few players who havn't played to potential and that maybe that was part of the reason why

Yeah  fair point RR, i just cant help thinking we've had a few players who havn't played to potential and that maybe that was part of the reason why

That's AFC's moto ... "don't fulfill your potential". See McNamara, Nicholson, Bagshaw, Crawford, Lovell, Whelan ... hell, even stretching back to the likes of Winters, Jess (2nd time around), Gillies and Kiriakov. These are all players who have/had bags of potential and bags of ability, but just failed to produce it whilst wearing the red of Aberdeen Football Club.

The manager who can fathom the reason for this is the manager who will take us to our next league title! Needless to say, I don't think JC is that manager. As good as he is, I don't think JC will figure this one out!

Is that an excuse for us not to at least TRY to play exciting football? 

Maybe Jimmy IS trying, and these players don't want to join a club like Aberdeen playing in the SPL.

Feel free to submit your CV next time the manager's position is vacant and you can try to introduce exciting football. :thumbsup:

Maybe Jimmy IS trying, and these players don't want to join a club like Aberdeen playing in the SPL.

Feel free to submit your CV next time the manager's position is vacant and you can try to introduce exciting football. :thumbsup:

Let's play exciting football so we can be as bad as Hibs.

What would you rather- exciting, free flowing football, getting beat and ending up with nothing to show for it or how we play now and getting to semi-finals and europe?

People will complain about either option.

Thing is playing the type of football we play led to us getting humiliated in both semi finals.