Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Touzani out

Rumour doing the rounds that Touzani will leave the club today for Sparta Rotterdam.

Very baffling if true. We should be adding to the squad but instead it looks like Kerr in, Touzani out. Always liked the look of him, composed on the ball and hard in the tackle. Could have been superb if played consistently in a holding role or at sweeper. Never got the fucking chance to prove it though.

Nae happy really

Christ sake, are we not allowed more than one day where we can be happy with AFC? We cannot afford to do it. Our squad is pathetically small as it is and we have no-where near enough quality if a few players get injured. Fee or no fee, we shouldn't be thinking about losing one of the better passers in our team.

Might only be me but I am not to upset about this guy possibly going. Is way to slow for the scottish game and also injury prone. As long as he is being replaced and we get a fee for him then this is no bad thing.

Might only be me but I am not to upset about this guy possibly going. Is way to slow for the scottish game and also injury prone. As long as he is being replaced and we get a fee for him then this is no bad thing.

I agree.  To me he didn't seem to have the hunger to hold down a regular place.

Problem is that people are tending to judge him on a few classy performances (mainly in europe or for 15 mins at the end of games) and the fact he wasn't given the chance to do much more might well be that he had very little more to give. I quite like him as a player but maybe thats because I would prefer we had the luxury of being able to play hi sstyle of football. Simple fact is we don't so its maybe not the craziest idea to sell him on. Doesn't hide the fact that we are getting weaker not stronger though

Problem is that people are tending to judge him on a few classy performances (mainly in europe or for 15 mins at the end of games) and the fact he wasn't given the chance to do much more might well be that he had very little more to give. I quite like him as a player but maybe thats because I would prefer we had the luxury of being able to play hi sstyle of football. Simple fact is we don't so its maybe not the craziest idea to sell him on. Doesn't hide the fact that we are getting weaker not stronger though

Don't be ridiculous! He's supposedly going for nothing despite having a year left on his contract.

Don't be ridiculous! He's supposedly going for nothing despite having a year left on his contract.

If thats the case then I'd say bollocks to JC. He really does have a mentality of 'in my gang' or not. There are players who can do no wrong and then players who can do no right. If he decides you are not required then he will happily leave you out of the side and give you away for fuck all. Its not even grown up let alone professional or commercially astute.  :hammer:

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm that Karim Touzani has left the club this afternoon. The Dutchman has returned home to sign a three year deal with Sparta Rotterdam.

The former Ajax Academy youngster joined from FC Twente in 2006. He made 25 appearances for the Dons scoring one goal which came against Dundee Utd at the end of last season. Deployed in defence and midfield, his career at Pittodrie was hampered by injury.

Everyone at Pittodrie would like to wish Karim all the best for the future.

second that jim.  Was just on the beeb website and something that willo flood said make me think of not only touzani but also players like devisch and lovell. 

"He knew that I could do the business for him," Flood said of Levein.

"When you have a manager who believes in you then you always want to play for him.

"You want to feel wanted by a club, that's when you play your best football. It's great to know that I'm wanted by the club.

:teach:  JC could definitely take note here

That's quite a hefty list.

But . . . . Byrne hardly played, similar with Lovell (rather he stayed), Bus, Touzani, McVitie and Kelly. Soutar is a decent journeyman keepr, nothing more and Jon Smith did virtually nothing in a red jersey.

So out of that lot who do I think we'll miss?

Lovell

Walker

Nicholson

Maybury

I'd like to see Aluko back too but I don't really think we'll miss him.

Only really 2 in that list were regular starters. I agree with TF. We wont miss that many And with the 4 coming in are in roughly the same position. Yes it does give us a smaller squad but we are in 1 less competition this year.

WShame for Touzani. Would have liked to have seen him stay and get a descent chance. Been treated unfairly IMO.

With Touzani leaving we now have had the following leave the club this summer

Byrne

Nicholson

Lovell

Touzani

Soutar

Bus

Jon Smith

Aluko

Walker

Maybury

McVitie

Kelly

And in have come:

McDonald

Bossu

Stewart

Kerr

Any1 think this makes us stronger?  I certainly don't

Can also add Hart McNamara and Clark to the out list and Duff to the in list. Agree with Funster that not a lot of quality among the players who have left however the reduction numbers does leave us with a weaker overall squad. 

Bit of a strange one really, he just bought a house in Westhill last month after renting for the last 2 years.

From what I hear he really didnt want to leave Aberdeen as he appparently really likes the city but looking at the contract side of things the move makes sense.

His old manager from Utrecht is the current manager of Sparta Rotterdam. Offered him a 3 year deal and he only had a year to run at Pittodrie.

I feel sorry for the boy, nae been giving a chance really. If yer not one of JCs scoofing buddies then you have not got a hope.

Thing with that list though is Maybury, Aluko and Walker were on loan so we knew they were leaving. Lovell, Byrne were sick notes and when they played they didn't show enough hunger to demand a place. By all means they has the quality to hold a place but why have a player who plays at 50%. I'm sure JC will bring in some other quality but give him time so he doesn't bring in rubbish who play for high wages.

I'm sick of giving him time, the quality of the squad has steadily worsened since he took over and as far as I can see we have (apart from Jamie Smith) no players capable of exciting the fans.

Another season of dull football on the cards - no wonder our season ticket sales have dropped to under 5,000