Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Calderwood's Summer Holiday 2008!

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon Dark Walnut has to be the target every year and any thing less will be seen as a disappointing close season. Jimmy's unrealistic expectations of Ebony will need to be reigned in however. If the unthinkable happens and only Provincial is achieved, next year could see him looking for a new holiday destination..

• 1 month later...
Jimmy delivers with colourful return

Published: 01/07/2008

THE first day of pre-season training at Aberdeen has become something of an annual event for the Scottish media. Yesterday was no different.

Every year the journalists draw lots for the chance to visit the Dons and, in particular, catch a glimpse at the tan manager Jimmy Calderwood has managed to acquire during his stay at his summer home in Majorca.

JC and his Sunshine Band did not let the supporters, or the media, down with his latest effort yesterday, a dark bronzed affair of spectacular quality.

Even the club supporters get in on the act and this year a messageboard hosted a poll giving users the chance to vote on what shade their manager would be when he returned to Scotland.  :wave:

Ebony may have been the shade voted most likely but it was dark walnut which Calderwood came closest to matching.

The nose and lips have been blistered while his eyebrows are bleached blond by the sun, but the refreshed manager insists his colouring could have been better.

During his break, the Dons manager told the Press and Journal the weather during the first fortnight had been poor, despite displaying his new shade yesterday.

With an 11-day tour of Holland to come, Calderwood may yet meet the lofty aspirations of the supporters who chose that ebony look.

Correct Spanish spelling yes.

The english spelling is with a J.

Much like the Italians call Naples-Napoli, Rome-Roma, Turin-Torino, Florence-Firenze  etc

Most languages have their own interpretation of a name. Italians call Edinburgh - Edimburgo, Dublin- Dublino and London - Londra.

So I wouldn't bother getting upset about it dude.

GD has been to Spain you know...

Correct Spanish spelling yes.

The english spelling is with a J.

Much like the Italians call Naples-Napoli, Rome-Roma, Turin-Torino, Florence-Firenze  etc

Most languages have their own interpretation of a name. Italians call Edinburgh - Edimburgo, Dublin- Dublino and London - Londra.

So I wouldn't bother getting upset about it dude.

It's a preference thing.

I call Seville Sevilla.

I call Munich Muenchen.

If I knew other languages I would make an effort to say a place in the language of the country it is in.