Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• 7 months later...

Off to Watford  :o

Watford net Cowie on pre-contract

Inverness Caledonian Thistle midfielder Don Cowie has signed a pre-contract agreement with Watford.

Cowie, who was linked with Motherwell earlier this month, will move to the English Championship outfit in the summer on a free transfer.

The former Ross County player joined the Scottish Premier League club two years ago and made 56 league appearances for the Highlands side.

Watford are 20th in the Championship, a point above the relegation zone.

Shame. Would have replaced JDV nicely. Same old Aberdeen. Never miss a trick eh.

The Championship are plundering the Scottish game at present and if they want a player then even Rangers and Celtic are admiting defeat. We had no chance if this guy had even a sniff he could get to the championship.

The Championship are plundering the Scottish game at present and if they want a player then even Rangers and Celtic are admiting defeat. We had no chance if this guy had even a sniff he could get to the championship.

Steve Lovell chose Aberdeen over the Championship (Leicester?). It all comes down to whether your ambition is to win things, or to earn a little more money.

It is a shame, but who's to say the club didn't contact his agent and see if he was interested? I know its unlikely, but its a thought.

I know for a fact we never made any contact, only Scottish clubs that made big moves for him were Motherwell, rangers and Dundee United, also Leed were sniffing.

i have no doubt if we signed cowie he would easily be calderwoods best signing.

if seve left and cowie came in i would see that as a marked improvement in our squad

I canny agree with that. He is a decent player but canny see him being as good as Lee Miller. Dont think he would be better than Seve has been either.

I know for a fact we never made any contact

I can't actually but from what I have heard we never tried for him and that Watford are pushing for the deal to go through ASAP as they want him to play on Saturday.

So you can't prove that what you know is fact? And something that you said that you had known for a fact becomes something you've heard?