Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New deal delight for Dons star Duff

Not sure Lovell contributed enough for us to miss him as such.

Anderson + Hart have been definite misses, we shall just have to see if we miss Nicholson.

The energy of Clark was definitely missed but (admittedly I haven't seen him recently) Duff seems to beplaying pretty well, maybe even better than Clark? I see he had a couple of shots in the Huns game, something Clark was rarely guilty of.

Nicholson will be a huge loss in my opinion, if the club are going to impress me this summer it will be by digging deep and bringing in someone as good as Barry Nicholson.  Such players are hard to come by.

Especially in Magaluf.

Nicholson will be a huge loss in my opinion, if the club are going to impress me this summer it will be by digging deep and bringing in someone as good as Barry Nicholson.  Such players are hard to come by.

Especially in Magaluf.

That's just it, maybe Foran and/or McDonald will be, or whoever else is coming.

I know there seems to be this notion, from the majority of Dons fans, that BN is a player worthy of such enthusiastic praise, but I just don't see it.

In the last 2 or 3 years, since Seve went tits up in terms of the guaranteed consistency that he had when he first came, I agree that BN has been the best AFC midfielder.

But it's really not saying much. How many games have you ever came away from and thought BN ran the show? How often did he make the vital contribution that changed the game? How many times did he drive the game forward deep into opposition territory? When can you remember him tackling and breaking up moves against us?

It's a measure of the mediocrity that we have become, where BN gets lauded as a sad loss. He will never win anything in his life. Even his next club hasn't come in for him yet.

You already have enlightened us, there's nothing to add. No-one wants to sign Barry Nicholson.

But you imply that someone has come in for him, with your "Haven't they?" comment. What else could you possibly be alluding to? I've been away for a couple of days and not read this anywhere. Was just hoping you would share your info with this messageboard.

But you imply that someone has come in for him, with your "Haven't they?" comment. What else could you possibly be alluding to? I've been away for a couple of days and not read this anywhere. Was just hoping you would share your info with this messageboard.

Sorry dude.

He has had an offer from PNE and has spoken to Sturrock.