Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Favourite chant last night

Do you know who he was? He was a member of the IRA...who gives a shit if he is dead!

Ok, next season i will sing that song at our matches aswell, actually maybe we should start singing most of their songs if it's about dead people and that!!!

It's still secterian which is out of order and we shouldna put up with it, infact i think some of our fans are being secterian, i ahve heard some sing about the pope in the past aswell. out of order.

Speaking of chants, you younger ones won't necessarily be aware of a couple of little ditty's that the Beach End used to let rip.

One song included "we're up to our knees in fenian blood, surrender or you'll die".

Another included "The cry was no surrender, surrender or you'll die (die, die)".

This was in the 1970's, and sang by a significant enough proportion of dandies that you could recognise the specific tunes even if you were golfing at Hazlehead.

EDIT: The last bit - Hazlehead - was a wind up. Not in the mood tonight.

Speaking of chants, you younger ones won't necessarily be aware of a couple of little ditty's that the Beach End used to let rip.

One song included "we're up to our knees in fenian blood, surrender or you'll die".

Aberdeen fans sang that? Wasn't aware of that, only ever heard Rangers fans singing it.

Anyone else cringe when we sing "Ha ha ha ha" etc... to the tune of their "Hello Hello" filth?

I didn't. That was one of my favourites from a great repertoire of songs last night, it really winds the huns up.

Why the fuck are you still here?, Barry/Walter whats the score?, there were so many. Laughed out loud when 'We want six' was first sung, class!  :thumbsup:

I didn't. That was one of my favourites from a great repertoire of songs last night, it really winds the huns up.

Why the fuck are you still here?, Barry/Walter whats the score?, there were so many. Laughed out loud when 'We want six' was first sung, class!  :thumbsup:

Nothing made me cringe last night. Twas all good. I did LOL a couple of times, like major LOL. Eberdeen. Fars like us?

Aberdeen fans sang that? Wasn't aware of that, only ever heard Rangers fans singing it.

Even throughout the 80's Dons fans used to sing these songs. Was telling Padre on Thursday night a story when myself and fatjim were in the SS and some casuals were singing 'No pope of Rome' and the last line they sang 'every day is the 4th of July'. Pretty much summed up the intellectual power they were able to muster up between them. Of course we were forced to enquire what American independence day had to do with the pope. The response was predictably difficult to process, involving some grunts and downwardly genetically modified social commentary  :hammer: