Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Miller Stays!

I laughed when i read posts saying that Miller is staying because of some love for the club and that he could have earned more elsewhere but chose to stay.  That's laughable.  He's staying either because no-one else wanted him or we've ponied up the cash he wanted.

Totally agree, complete spin from the club.  Miller is still here because no-one else would pay the wages he wanted.  I like him as a player, but the guy is a mercenary... always has been and always will be.

However, I do believe that this will turn out to be a worthwhile investment... as long as AFC back it up with the addition of a decent winger and goal poacher to play along side him.

Im pleased that he is staying. He leads the line well, wins balls in the air, lays it off and wins us a lot of freekicks.If he could score another 10 goals a season then he would be perfect, oh and not playing for us Certainly don't hold with the view that he is mediocre.

FFS, people complain when players don't stay and complain when they do.

Nice one Lee, hopefully we can get him a steady strike partner for next season and he can build on his 12 goals. :thumbsup:

Yeah, only I'm not complaining... in fact I said he was probably a better option than some shite freebie.

I'm just not fooling myself that Miller staying here has anything to do with some love he has for a club he twice refused to join because he wanted more money.  Given that fact, what in Miller's track record with AFC suggests he stayed for some new found love of AFC?

No, he's still here because either no-one wanted him and we were his best option or because the club, worried as fuck that attendances are going to plummet next season, is making a cynical attempt to make it look like we're an ambitious club (which we most certainly are not) by giving Miller the cash he wanted.

It could be no-one wanted him, it could be that we gave him more cash.

Just let's not be entirely braindead and pretend it's because he loves AFC.

No complaints in my post, just realism.

Can't even see how the two can be confused.

Jimmy having a pop at the Ultras' banners at Celtic Park. He said it helped noone and Diamond and Miller were shaking their heads at it and he thought then that Miller would be gone.

Maybe they were shaking their heads that some Aberdeen fans had still bothered to turn up after the shite they produced the week before. I'm still fuming about that result - they WERE pathetic and if they can't see that then there is a problem!

Kris

Yeah, only I'm not complaining... in fact I said he was probably a better option than some shite freebie.

I'm just not fooling myself that Miller staying here has anything to do with some love he has for a club he twice refused to join because he wanted more money.  Given that fact, what in Miller's track record with AFC suggests he stayed for some new found love of AFC?

No, he's still here because either no-one wanted him and we were his best option or because the club, worried as fuck that attendances are going to plummet next season, is making a cynical attempt to make it look like we're an ambitious club (which we most certainly are not) by giving Miller the cash he wanted.

I wasn't directing it solely at you...

Maybe they were shaking their heads that some Aberdeen fans had still bothered to turn up after the shite they produced the week before. I'm still fuming about that result - they WERE pathetic and if they can't see that then there is a problem!

Kris

I wasn't even there (had it on redweb) and I was howling with rage and throwing shit around.  If I'd been there I'd have been tempted to throw a pie at the bastards as they sauntered off, having been taken to the cleaners by a SUPERIOR QotS team.

That result pretty much made up my mind to buy ZERO AFC merchandise from now on.  Usually I spend a few hundred on strips and merchandise and a fair amount on tickets in the time I'm over each year.  No more.  I'm not even sure I'm going to subscribe to Redweb again, just because I'm so disgusted by their performance v QotS. 

You and I seem to be in the minority amongst fitba fans, most of whom have the attention span of a goldfish. I'll long remember the QotS result, and I'm still raging at them... will be for months.

You seemed to think I was.  :wave: The world/CERN/black hole or whatever doesn't revolve around you or r_s.

You tacitly agreed that it was aimed at me by saying "not soley aimed at you", ergo I was correct in my initial assumption that you were talking to me given your subsequent admission of such.

So, if you're going to address me, as we've established you did,  then don't be alarmed or surprised when I respond.

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't say they are confused, just looking at it from the wrong angle. I don't think for one second he "loves" AFC as you put it, but I think there is more than a little truth in him being settled and I suspect he probably did have more money on offer elsewhere, how much more is as ever open to debate.

He didn't have a good time at either the arabs or Bristol City and he's only in this season established himself at a club as the no.1 striker. He himself probably appreciates that it isn't always about money as a result of that though he has certainly surprised me by staying.

I do agree he will be a better option than bringing in some other player and